The boys drove their jet skis right up onto the sand, creating deep ruts into the beach.

Jared's friend was tall and broad, just like a football player with curly blonde hair that he shook all out like a Golden Retriever, spraying water all around. He had a boyish smile and freckles across his nose and as he loped over us, I couldn't help but think he's make a great Tom Sawyer.

"Sweet ride, man," he said, holding his hand out toward Jared.

They slapped palms and caught their breath as they joined us near the beach blanket. 

It took all my self control not to stare at Jared's Glistening bare chest.

"Ladies," Jared said with a smile. "I'd like you to meet my best friend Christopher. Chris, this is Donna and Cassie."

"How's it going?" Chris said, lifting his chin. "Which one's yours?" he asked Jared.

I turned purple and Jared rolled his eyes.

"Nice one, man. Very charming."

"I'm just kidding!" Christopher said with a laugh.

Donna laughed as well. I could tell by the look on her face that she was already imagining what their children would look like.  Christopher was exactly Donna's type. 

She had been fostering a crush on Mike Grossman for as long as I can remember, but never had once gotten the guts to do anything about it. Once again, I was left wondering how Jared was able to read people so well. 

Could he tell what Donna's type was just by looking at her?

"So, you just made a few enemies out there, you know," I said lightly.

"Those old guys? Please. They need a little excitement in their lives," Christopher said. "It gets the blood flowing."

"You guys want to go for a ride? They're built for two." Jared asked.

"Absolutely," Donna said, already half way down the beach.

Christopher smiled over his shoulder at Jared, clearly liking what he saw, and followed her.

Jared pressed his fist into his hand and brought his hands to his chin, watching them. "Well, what do you think?" he asked.

"I think you may be a genius," I told him.

"If you saw my grades you'd take that back," he said with a half smile. "Come on Gracie, let's go have some fun.

The boys took off, at a much more respectable speed, and cut across the lake to the west.

I tried not to think about the fact that I had my arms wrapped around a half naked Jared with my chest pressing into his back.

Instead, I concentrated on the water ahead, hoping he wouldn't cut too close to the fishermen again and cause more problems. 

I was surprised when I had realized we were headed for the far northwest shore, where most locals had trekked at one time or another with their significant others. (Not me, of course.)

Most invaders didn't even know this small stretch of beach existed, which is why Lake Loganer's preferred it for private moments. 

Apparently, Jared and his friend had done some research.

As we approached the shore, I noticed there was something on the beach, but I couldn't tell what it was until we were right on top of it.

Laid out in the center of the sand was a large red blanket, a big thermos and tubberware tubs filled with food.