part 21: vending machine

Shizuku confidently explains on her quirk, leaving her father and brother to fully understand the extent of her strength since they abandoned her. Though Bakugou knew she's concealing some details, he listens intently, remaining silent.

"Shoto! Dad!" Shizuku exclaims, her eyes sparkling with determination.

"We can bring Touya-nii back, I promise," she vows, her smile radiant with hope.

"I'll help ya" Shizuku adds, her tone shifting ominously. "But only if you prove yourself worthy of that title," she says, referring to her father's status as Japan's number one Hero.

"Love you both, take care," Shizuku's voice shifted back to its cheerful tone as she exited the gym arena.

"Sheesh, scary, " Shoto muttered, his voice monotone. Bakugou smacked the boy on the head and burst into laughter.

"I can't believe you're related," Bakugou chuckled, still amused by Shoto's occasional lack of awareness. With a grin on his face, he followed Shizuku out of the gym arena.

Endeavor stood at the scene, his mind racing as he processed his daughter's words. After years of abandonment, he couldn't understand how Shizuku still considered him her father. Yet, her unwavering faith stirred something within him. With determination, the pro-hero resolved not to fail his daughter's expectations. For his family, for Shizuku, Endeavor vowed to atone for his past mistakes.

TIME SKIP IM TIRED AF

In the quiet of midnight, with Elaine falling asleep early, Shizuku found herself restless after a few hours of boredom. Glancing at her phone, she noted the time—almost 2 AM. With a sigh, she decided to make her way to the vending machine for her favorite lemon drink. While such encounters were rare, there had been instances when she and Bakugou crossed paths there.

As they made their way to the vending machine, the path was shrouded in darkness. Yet, thanks to Shizuku's fire quirk, the shadows seemed to dissipate around them. Arriving at the vending machine, Shizuku spotted a familiar figure—it was unmistakably Katsuki. Perhaps he had also found himself awake in the dead of night. With a greeting, Shizuku approached, and though Katsuki only nodded in response, they both took their seats on their usual bench. Then, breaking the silence, Shizuku called out to him.

"What?" Katsuki responded, his voice tinged with fatigue and drowsiness.

"Do you believe in reincarnation?" Shizuku inquired out of the blue, her curiosity piqued by the concept.

"That's bullshit, no," Katsuki replied with a scoff, dismissing the idea outright. He placed his trust in science and had little faith in unproven beliefs.

"Do you?" Katsuki returned the question to Shizuku.

"Yeah, I do," Shizuku replied softly, meeting Katsuki's vermillion gaze with her own.

"Don't die, okay?" Shizuku added, her tone carrying a hint of vulnerability as she remembered that today marked her departure from UA with Elaine.

"I ain't dying," Katsuki scoffed confidently, displaying his brave act. He opened his drink and took a sip.

"I'll be sooo mad at you if you died," Shizuku says playfully, though behind the playful remark was a serious and genuine care for the boy.

"I won't die," Katsuki reassured, his tone firm and serious. "You don't have to worry."

Shizuku playfully snatched the boy's phone from his pocket that she pot from the corner of her eye, prompting Katsuki to react swiftly, reaching out to retrieve it. Using her smoke quirk, Shizuku teleported only a feet away, evading his grasp. "What's your password?" she teased with a mischievous grin. But Katsuki was quicker than she expected, grabbing her arm and gently setting her back down on the bench.

The boy typed in his password and handed the phone back to Shizuku. "You need to learn how to ask, American girl," Katsuki remarked, his tone teasing. Shizuku was surprised that he had handed over his phone so easily.

"Sorry, I didn't think you would give it up that easily," Shizuku admitted, her expression reflecting her astonishment. Katsuki simply rolled his eyes in response.

Shizuku took the opportunity to add her contact information to his phone, ensuring they could stay in touch despite being apart. With a smile, she returned his phone to him.

"Here, you can text me anytime you miss me," Shizuku teased, winking playfully. Katsuki sighed at her remark.

"No, I won't be missing your annoying ass," he retorted in his usual tone, though a hint of amusement lingered in his voice.

"It's really late, we should sleep," Katsuki said, his sleepiness apparent in his voice.

"Yeah, you're right," Shizuku agreed, stifling a yawn. She waved at him before turning to head back.

"Wait," Katsuki's voice called out, causing Shizuku to glance back at him. He stood there, staring at the ground, seemingly hesitant.

Shizuku approached him cautiously, her steps slowing as she drew nearer. Katsuki stood in silence, his gaze fixed on the ground, an unreadable expression on his face. Confusion flickered in Shizuku's eyes as she tilted her head slightly, searching for any sign of what he was thinking.

Finally, Katsuki lifted his head, meeting her gaze. Without a word, he closed the distance between them, enveloping Shizuku in a gentle embrace. His warmth surrounded her, and she felt her heart skip a beat as his head came to rest on the crook of her neck.

When Katsuki finally released her, they locked eyes in a moment of shared understanding, the unspoken tension between them evident in the air.

With a playful grin, Shizuku reached up and pinched Katsuki's cheek, earning a hiss of protest from the boy. "What's with the sudden clinginess lately, huh?" she teased, her tone light and playful. But Katsuki remained silent, unable to find an answer to his own actions. All he knew was that in that moment, he found comfort in the warmth of Shizuku's embrace, a feeling he couldn't quite explain.

"Shut up," the boy starts with his usual tone but it hinted slight gentleness, "Rest well, goodnight, Sho," Katsuki says after slowly turning his body to the direction of the UA dorms. Shizuku now stood blushing at Katsuki's use of her real name.

"Goodnight, Katsuki," she replies softly, her voice barely above a whisper, her heart fluttering at the warmth between them. Shizuku places both of her hands on her cheeks, then walks towards her temporary house her head feeling like it was spinning.

(I ACCIDENTLY READ THE MHA MANGA UP TO THE LATEST CHAP 420 BECAUSE I WANTED TO CATCH MORE OF DABI'S APPEARANCE IN THE MANGA BUT WTF GUYS IM ACTUALLY FLABBERGASTED AT THE SHIT THAT GOES DOWN IN THERE, I AINT SPOILING BUT WTF)

ANYWAYS I TRIED TO PROGRESS THE LOVE STORY, I HAVE THIS LIKE...TYPE OF MEN WHEREIN THEYRE NOT SHOWY WITH THEIR FEELINGS IN PUBLIC BUT LIKE SUDDENLY IT JUST APPEARS WHENEVER HE'S ALONE WITH THE PERSON THAT HE LIKES BUT LIKE HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHY HES ACTING LIKE THAT....DIAIFKAFEVAKVF AK IM GOING CRAZY BYE