part 9: sushi

Shizuku's arms continued to glow faintly, a lingering reminder of the ordeal she had just faced. Through her blurred vision, she saw her best friend, Elaine, accompanied by Shoto and Bakugou, rushing to her side. But as her gaze met Shoto's, a wave of dizziness overcame her, and she collapsed.

When she regained consciousness, Shizuku found herself in a clinic, greeted by a kind, elderly nurse who explained the situation to her. She had been unconscious for five hours, with her classmates taking turns checking on her condition.

"Lay for a while, dear," Recovery Girl instructed gently, sensing Shizuku's fatigue and disorientation.

As she lay on the bed, Bakugou entered the room, surprising her with his uncharacteristic calmness.

"You're awake," he stated simply, his tone softer than usual.

"I'm taking you back to your place. Stay put," he ordered, his concern evident despite his gruff demeanor.

Returning with a wheelchair, Bakugou assisted Shizuku, who couldn't help but notice his unusual composure.

"You're oddly calm tonight," she remarked, prompting a terse response from him.

"Stop talking, idiot." He replies

Shizuku inquired about her seizure, and Bakugou recounted the alarming scene with surprising clarity. She felt a pang of guilt for subjecting him to such a distressing sight.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," she apologized sincerely.

"It's fine," Bakugou replied, his voice softer than before.

"You sent a signal to Elaine, but when help arrived... there was no trace of villains nearby. What the hell were you doing in that part of Tokyo?" Bakugou's voice held a bitter edge, tinged with concern.

Shizuku's gaze drifted to the darkening sky, the stars casting a soft glow over the city below. Memories of her encounter with her brother flooded her mind, weighing heavy on her heart.

"I met my brother and his friends. I fought them all by myself..." Shizuku began, her voice trailing off as she recalled the intensity of the battle.

"I didn't know I was fighting my brother until he called me...I stopped attacking and I basically let him escape," she admitted, her tone laced with shame.

Bakugou halted, his grip on the wheelchair loosening as he processed her words.

"Huh?" His surprise was palpable, evident in the furrow of his brow.

"I can walk. There's no need for this," Shizuku insisted, rising from the wheelchair with determination. She motioned for Bakugou to return it, her eyes reflecting the shimmering stars above.

As the evening sky darkened to a deep blue, Shizuku was captivated by the tranquility of the moment. The air was still, with only the gentle rustle of leaves and the distant hum of the city breaking the silence.

Bakugou's return brought a familiar sense of ease to the evening. Despite his usual intensity, his presence was oddly reassuring against the backdrop of the quiet night. Shizuku felt a simple gratitude for his company amidst the vast expanse of the evening sky.

"I can manage on my own, you know," Shizuku offered, a hint of warmth softening her words as she glanced at Bakugou.

"Nah, Aizawa will chew me out if you're found alone and seizing again," Bakugou replied, his tone edged with a touch of irritation.

Shizuku suggested, "Let's go out then."

Bakugou misunderstood at first, blurting out, "What?!"

"I'm hungry. I need to eat," Shizuku clarified with a chuckle. "And I don't want whatever they've made at home."