part 14: treats

(PART 2 OF THE LAST CHAPTER)

"Welcome back, Miss—" The maid began, only to be interrupted by the sight of Bakugou.

"Who are you?" The maid asked, but Bakugou couldn't understand much English.

Shizuku appeared behind the smoke and exhaled loudly. It was her first time teleporting with another person.

"Sorry, Melanie," Shizuku said, emitting her smokes to refill the thin smoke in the portal. Bakugou watched intently as her maid shut the door.

"Why did you bring me here, you idiot?" Bakugou asked angrily, knowing full well he was an illegal trespasser in America.

"Chill," Shizuku started.

"Chill?" Bakugou repeated, his anger evident.

"Let's go get snacks, I'll distribute them to the class. Omiyage!" Shizuku cheerfully suggested, leading Bakugou out of the portal room. The beautiful interior of Shizuku's house shocked him. She's really the adopted daughter of the strongest in America, he thought.

The pair arrived at Shizuku's porch, where a car was already waiting for them.

"I just wanna buy snacks, Mr. Julian," Shizuku said to the driver, who nodded and took them to the store.

Bakugou trailed behind Shizuku, feeling vulnerable due to the language barrier. Shizuku noticed this and made him wear a tie around his neck, a device designed as a language translator created by Elaine.

The pair arrived at the store, Bakugou just a few steps behind Shizuku. The boy took in the sights, marveling at his first experience in the States. Meanwhile, Shizuku was focused on shopping for snacks.

"Oh, Shizuku!!!" A voice called out from the distance. Jolynn Graham approached the pair, a classmate who had outperformed Shizuku during the examination two weeks ago.

"Hey there, Jolynn," Shizuku greeted, a hint of tension in her voice.

"Back already? And who's this cutie?" Jolynn's gaze turned and stepped closer to Bakugou, who appeared utterly confused. Sensing the situation, Shizuku stepped in front of him protectively.

"Maybe you should mind your own business," Shizuku said with a raised eyebrow, subtly asserting her space.

"Ah, dating then?" Jolynn assumed, observing Shizuku's defensive stance.

"Hell n—" Bakugou began, but before he could finish, Shizuku reached for his hand and they walked away together side by side, leaving Jolynn behind.

As they distanced themselves from Jolynn, Shizuku released Bakugou's hand. "Sorry, if I didn't step in she could've escalated the situation further." Shizuku excused.

"Besides, she definitely seemed interested in you," Shizuku added playfully.

At the counter, Shizuku paid for the basket full of snacks she had selected, while Bakugou waited near the store exit. Unbeknownst to him, Jolynn had spotted him alone and approached him.

Bakugou barely noticed her approaching; it must have been her quirk, he thought.

"Hey, I'm Jolynn," she introduced herself, extending her hand for a shake. However, Bakugou remained cautious, unsure of her intentions. He declined her offer to shake hands.

"I can't believe Shizuku snagged such a handsome boyfriend in Japan," Jolynn said with a hint of envy.

"Shut up," Bakugou replied tersely.

"Alright, see you around, cutie," Jolynn said, brushing off his response as she exited the store. Bakugou felt a bit uneasy after the interaction, pondering the different social norms he encountered in America.

A few moments later, Shizuku met Bakugou at the exit of the store.

"Call me Shizuku, man," she corrected him, tired of the nickname.

"Don't care," Bakugou retorted.

In the distance, Welkin Hero Academy loomed over the landscape. Shizuku pointed it out to Bakugou, explaining that it was her school. Bakugou observed the impressive Modern Building, towering tall and elegant.

"Sorry for dragging you out here. Sometimes, my impulsive thoughts get the best of me," Shizuku confessed as they admired the view of the dark blue sky.

"Getting mad now won't change anything," Bakugou replied calmly, letting out a tired sigh.

Across the street, children played happily, reminding Bakugou of his own childhood with Midoriya.

Shizuku's driver arrived in their Rolls Royce shortly, and the pair climbed inside, sitting in silence for a moment before Bakugou surprised Shizuku with his next words.

"Did you and Mind Reader come to Japan to study, or were you drafted here to sacrifice yourselves?" Bakugou asked abruptly, leaving Shizuku puzzled by his question.

"What do you mean, sacrifice?" she inquired, intrigued by his statement.

"Forget it," Bakugou dismissed the topic, but Shizuku couldn't shake her curiosity, eager to know more.

Shizuku and Bakugou arrived at the Bate Residence, where Bakugou once again marveled at the grandeur of the house. Shizuku led the way to the portal room.

"Miss Shizuku, we have scheduled your next smoke refill for 2 weeks from now," informed the lady dressed in a maid uniform, to which Shizuku nodded in acknowledgment.

With a gentle tug on Bakugou's arm, Shizuku handed him the bag of snacks they had bought earlier. Carrying the bag, they stepped into the swirling vortex of Shizuku's smoke, transporting them back to UA. As they materialized in Shizuku's room, the noise of chatter and laughter from outside caught their attention.

"Uh oh," Shizuku began sheepishly.

The two slipped out of the room quietly, hoping to avoid drawing attention. However, they were promptly spotted by Elaine, whose keen eyes didn't miss a beat.

"Where did you guys come from?" Elaine asked, her curiosity stirred.

"I've been looking for you, Shi," she added, turning her attention to Shizuku.

"Did you two just come out of the room together?" Kaminari chimed in, his tone tinged with suspicion.

Bakugou bristled defensively at the accusation, but before he could retort, Shizuku intervened with a cheerful distraction.

"HEY, LOOK! SNACKS FOR EVERYONE!" she exclaimed, tossing out a bag of sweets and treats, effectively diverting the attention away from their sudden appearance.

Once the group's attention was sufficiently diverted, Bakugou slipped out of the room, followed closely by Shizuku. As they walked, Shizuku couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt for dragging Bakugou into her chaotic world. She found herself repeatedly apologizing to him, bowing slightly in contrition.

"It's fine," Bakugou sighed, his tone softer than usual as he looked at Shizuku.

Shizuku bowed once again, her gesture conveying her deep regret for pulling him into her world.

"Shizuku," Bakugou spoke, catching her off guard as he used her first name.

Shizuku's cheeks flushed slightly at the sound of her name coming from his lips, her heart skipping a beat in response.

"Stop apologizing, it's annoying," he added, his ears tinged with a faint blush at his own words.

"Oh, alright," Shizuku replied softly, feeling a flutter in her chest at his unexpected tenderness.

"See you tomorrow," Bakugou said, his voice warmer as he walked away toward the 2-A dorm building, leaving Shizuku standing there, a small smile playing on her lips.