Chapter Eleven

DAMIAN'S P.O.V.

Am already tired of waiting for the right people to come and give the vital speech about this project. The guy giving the point is not even impressing with the explanation at all.

Am still contemplating wether to buy the contract or not.

It's all about taking the standard of the company to another level. But am not seeing anything enticing from what have been discussed so far.

My P.A— Mr Olaniyi, leaned closer and whisper in my ear. "Boss, I don't think this meeting is worth enough of our contribution for the upcoming project."

I glance at my Rolex watch— I usually schedule time for everything....... And as a matter of fact, I work with time and I think, I've wasted enough time here.

Just when I was about to dismiss the meeting, three persons dashed in, sweating as if they are being chased or something.

For a second, my brows scrunched up as I tilt my neck towards the door to see if there where anyone after them, but no one.

Is that a guy or a girl because he looks as though both sex at the same time to me. Am sure he is a guy but has the movement and walking steps of a female. Obvious a bit because he drew eye pencil on his eyeliner. And colored his lips in red lipstick.

Mr Tunji, the managing director of the company stood up angrily and lashed out at the three of them. "

"Why are you guys just coming by this time? Just take a very good look at the time now." he stick out his tokunbo wrist watch, the veins on his neck are almost popping out. " is this the right time for a punctual staff to arrive at work? And you?"

He pointed at the slender Woman in Black signature gown, "Miss Adēmōla, you know you are very fond of giving excuses about Lagos traffic, now I expect to get the same from you today. Because you are nearly to be fired! All three of you!"

In a twinkle of an eye, they went on their knees, pleading.

Why I enjoyed the free VIP show with one of my fist holding my chin in a relaxing manner.

"Yē! Ēgbami ō!" the other woman in red gown clasp her fingers on her head.

"MD, sir abeg pardon us." the first woman addressed as Miss Adēmōla, pleaded. " The Fault is on me, I made them late—"

" Really?" Mr Tunji place is hands on his waist as if enjoying them beg. " I'm sure you also remember that you are the one with the real projects reports."

" yes yes, sir, I do remember. It is my alarm. My alarm is faulty. It was supposed to wake me up at 6: 30 a. M. This morning but it's striked at 7: 30 sir."

"You—"

" Mr Tunji," Enough with this explanation and lousy talks in my ears. I didn't come all the way—3 hours for this.

When I stood up to straighten my jacket and my PA packed up our files, I saw the fear in Mr tunji's eyes. "Let's call it a day."

I wanted to add 'call me when you are ready' but I think that is irrelevant right now.

After all, the whole thing seem like a trash to me now.

" Mr Ayōmidē, wō—"

"Please excuse us, sir." Mr Olaniyi waved him out of the way when he tried standing on my way.

I overheard him scolding his staffs on my way out.

"You see what you guys have caused? Do you see what you have done? Huh, especially you Miss Adēmōla. You know what, you guys are fired! And not until you get this contract back, you won't get your job too. "