Chapter 76 Zhou Niannan's handiwork

Start from the beginning

These words made Xie Miao dizzy. Let's not say how he knew about her and Zhou Niannan's lake tour. Let's just talk about one thing: Whoever she meets with, what does the matter have to do with him? !

She thought that Su Panyan would speak out to take care of her fiancé, but unexpectedly, Su Panyan lowered her eyes and looked like she was staying out of the matter.

Xie Miao was angered. Hey, this person can put on an act even more than her.

She suppressed her expression and was about to have a good conversation with the other party when she was interrupted by a lazy voice.

"I didn't know that with such a leisurely job in the Hanlin Academy, Young Master Wen would still have the time to point fingers at others." Zhou Niannan appeared from behind the door with a smile on his face and a mocking tone, "Whoever this Young Master want to meet in private, is it your turn to make irresponsible remarks?"

Su Panyan was shocked, not expecting Zhou Niannan to be inside. She immediately turned to Wen Rubin in a panic.

Although Wen Rubin was also surprised, he was much calmer and said with cupped hands, "Third Young Master Zhou's words are wrong."

Zhou Niannan stood beside Xie Miao, not hiding his closeness to her, "Oh?"

Wen Rubin said solemnly: "There are precepts for women: to be leisurely, chaste, and quiet, to be disciplined and tidy, to behave with shame, and to behave according to the law. This is called women's virtue. Miss Xie is still in the boudoir, and she has too much contact with two men, which is really against women's virtue."

Someone applauded softly, er, it was Xie Miao herself, who was accused of being immoral.

Xie Miao said to Zhou Niannan seriously: "Listen, it turns out that he is the editor of the Hanlin Academy. He is not only familiar with the Four Books and Five Classics, but also has a thorough understanding of Confucianism. He even knows the Four Books on Women at his fingertips."

Zhou Niannan readily accepted her views, and said: "More than just picking it up at the fingertips, he has a comprehensive understanding."

Everyone could hear the disapproval in their words. Wen Rubin was annoyed and continued to lecture, "Da Qi is a land of ritual and propriety. Men should be sensible and cultivate themselves, and women should be chaste and virtuous..."

Zhou Niannan raised his eyebrows and asked, "In that case, what about your private meeting with Miss Su?"

Wen Rubin's cheeks warmed slightly. He glanced at Su Panyan and said, "Wanwan and I are already engaged, so it is only natural that we meet."

"Oh, I understand." Zhou Niannan turned to Xie Miao and said confidently: "If you agree to be engaged to me as soon as possible, you will not cause other people to criticize you again."

...

Xie Miao's face said "You are sick and need to be treated."

On the contrary, Wen Rubin frowned, "Third Young Master Zhou, this Miss Xie is trying to get both sides of you and Second Young Master Cui. I advise you to think carefully."

Zhou Niannan almost laughed out loud. In his lifetime, can he still hear Wen Rubin helping Cui Er to protest against injustice?

He inspected back and forth between Wen Rubin and Su Panyan, and said meaningfully: "Young Master Wen, instead of worrying about Cui Er and I being deceived, you should worry about yourself first. After all, some things cannot be achieved by wishful thinking."

After saying that, regardless of Wen Rubin's expression, he said to Xie Miao: "Your maids should be in a hurry, let's go."

Zhou Niannan deliberately slowed down, and after Xie Miao went downstairs, he suddenly turned around and said, "Oh, I forgot to tell you. It's not that Xie Miao is trying to get along with me and Cui Er, but that Cui Er and I yearn for her at the same time and we can't help ourselves."