"Where is my dear wife rushing to?

-I am not your wife!

-You don't have to pretend with me, Love. You're the one who threw yourself in my arms in the first place.

-I just didn't want Bob to sneak out."

Ephraim frowned:

"Bob?

-Yes, Bob. The kitten."

Ephraim looked down at the fur ball with round eyes:

"What did you call it?

-Bob.

-Did you call it Bob?

-Yes! Why is everyone acting so weird when I tell them that?"

Ephraim just laughed:

"I wonder too. Bob is a very fitting name for it."

Getting irritated, I hit him. Not very hard. Just a tap on the chest. I wasn't suicidal.

"Stop acting stupid and tell me! What's wrong with the name Bob?

-Nothing. If my dear wife chose it then it suits it perfectly.

-You! I knew it was impossible to talk to you! Let me go now!"

Ephraim tilted his head:

"Come on, don't be shy, dearest. It's not like it's our first time touching.

-It is!"

I suddenly bit my lip.

"Oh, is it?"

Ephraim was looking at me with an air of defiance. I couldn't refute him. After all, Sliske and Ephraim did get Arora. They must have slept together at least once.

"What is it, wife? You got all silent all of a sudden. Did you have flashbacks of our first time?

-No!

-You don't have to pretend. You just have to say the word and I would gladly lay with you again.

-I would never want that!

-Weren't you the one that said that we should have more children in case the first came to die?"

I opened wide eyes:

"How could you say that?"

Ephraim shrugged:

"You were the one who said it. I am simply repeating. I realize now that you were right.

-Stop talking about Arora's death! How could you say that?"

Ephraim pretended to be sad:

"Does that mean that you don't want to sleep with me?

-Why is that the part that shocked you?

-Was I that bad the first time? I should prove to you how much I improved since then.

-Are you even listening to me at this point?

-Of course I am. So? Do you want to sleep with me?

-Do you want me to puke?

-That's not very nice, darling... I will end up having trust issues because of you.

-Good. Have them."

I pushed Ephraim away and he let me go with a laugh.

"Come on darling. I was just joking. We can sleep together whenever you want.

-Then what about never?

-Never say never."

I rolled my eyes.

"For this I can confidently say never. It will never happen."

Ephraim just laughed:

"It is said is that a strong denial is actually an affirmation. Should I be looking forward to the future?

-You should look forward to death."

Ephraim laughed:

"It seems my dear wife is in a bad mood because of hunger. We should really go have breakfast together.

-I am not hungry."

Ephraim knocked on the door behind him and numerous maids rushed in to set the table. I looked at them, thinking I would scream:

"You really only do whatever you want.

-I am simply a worried husband.

-Well, this worried husband will have a hungry wife because I don't plan on eating this morning."

Ephraim opened wide eyes:

"Do you finally admit to being my wife?"

I flinched:

"Never!

-Strong denial again.

-Shut up. I am not going to eat a single thing today."

On that cue, my stomach decided to manifest its presence. Ephraim looked down at my stomach before looking back up with a smirk:

"Contrary to those lips, at least my wife's stomach doesn't lie.

-It's only a physical reaction to speaking about food. Grow up. That doesn't mean that I'll eat anything."

I could smell the delicious dishes that were brought but I refused to lose to Ephraim. I by far preferred dying of hunger.