(Spatial) Chapter 17 The Paradise Where Dreams Collapse

No one's POV

(500 Years Ago)

This was back in the era when vampires ruled the night. At the time, Yulinne Gaia Gandesblood, the Vampire Spirit. One of the 6 Great Spirit and one of the 14 Transcendent held great power, even for a Progenitor. Vampires hunted and killed humans practically for sport. Most of them saw humans as base livestock, and there were even some countries where they reigned over them wholesale.

For the vampires, it was their golden age. Yulinne, however, couldn't stand the idea of hunting more humans than was necessary. Because of that, she hunted only the bare minimum she needed to survive, refusing to take their lives in excess. There was no shortage of vampires who opposed her methods, so despite her power, her followers numbered few.

Soon, though, the vampires entered their dark age, where the whole world had fallen under Ehit's control. The humans began hunting the vampires back, turning the vampires' era into one of nightmares. The destruction of the vampires' capital sparked the fire of rebellion, and the vampires' numbers dwindled in the blink of an eye. It was then...

Ryu: Let us stop this madness together shall we? My Vampire Princess

The Almighty Dragon King had appeared before her eyes. At the time, with the help of the Dragon King, he managed to repelled human attackers alongside Ehit's invasion. With Ryu's help, Yulinne and her followers ruled a small human country in the desert. They plowed the fields right alongside the humans, fought off monsters together, and protected their borders.

 They plowed the fields right alongside the humans, fought off monsters together, and protected their borders

Ryu: Yulinne. You mustn't make enemies for no reason. When you're in a tough spot, no one will come to your aid.

Yulinne: Ryu... My King. My Almighty Dragon King.

Ryu: Create a place where Vampires and Human can live freely. A future where people will be decided by their own free will. And no matter what...

Yulinne: No matter what...?

Ryu: I'll always be there if you needed my help.

With that marked their separation. Vampires didn't look down on humans in her lands, nor did humans fear vampires. The way they maintained that relationship was by not drinking blood. Without drinking human blood, vampires can't go on living.