(Spatial) Chapter 14 Troublesome Visitor

No one's POV

After finishing his talk with the man, Ryu found himself at an oasis where Oscar and Miledi were. The moment he arrived, there was a huge splash in a small oasis some distance away.

Oscar: Ack... Hic... I swallowed too much water...

This stopping point between desert towns was empty, but had anyone been there they would have seen someone appear seemingly out of thin air right above the water. Ryu looked towards where Oscar was who was standing in the middle of the lake trying to get his glasses.

Ryu: Looks like those two got sent to an oasis somewhere... That guy's got some impressive magic. Anyway, did he also send Mii-chan...

Ryu(mind): There she is.

She was sitting at the edge of the water, sobbing and cradling her knees. Upon closer inspection, Ryu realized that her clothes and hair were muddy, and her face was dripping with water. Her nose was red, as if it had scraped across the ground.

 Her nose was red, as if it had scraped across the ground

Ryu: -_- Whoa...

Off to the side, he noticed the oasis turned into a marshy swamp a little ways away. There were skid marks showing someone had slipped into it recently.

That told Ryu everything he needed to know. When Miledi had been teleported, she'd been running. If he'd teleported her near the oasis, it stood to reason that she would have slipped on the slick mud. And because she'd been waving her arms around wildly, she wouldn't have been able to stop herself from falling flat on her face.

Ryu walked over to Miledi.

Ryu: Should I make you another shower?

Miledi: Please.

Miledi sniffled and nodded meekly. A short while later, Miledi returned to Ryu and Oscar's side. Her nose was still a little red, but she was clean. Ryu was meditating while Oscar was sitting cross-legged at the oasis' bank and staring at his Silver Slate.

Miledi: Ry-ry, thanks for the shower.

Ryu: Your welcome.

Miledi sat herself next to him. She hugged her knees and stared at the water's surface. Finally, she muttered something.

Miledi: All the wielders of ancient magic are a huge pain the ass.

Ryu: I hope you realize that includes you.

She ignored him, as usual.

Oscar: That was teleportation magic he used back there, right?

Ryu: Those are Spatial Magic that he uses. He must be one of Lina's Descendants since Lina is the one that bestowed Spatial Magic to the mortal realm.

Passing through it will put you in a completely different location. It seems he can transport himself even without that portal, though. Either way it's pretty impressive. And it's going to be a real pain to deal with."