(Creation) Chapter 11 Karasuki • Reisen • Orcus

No one's POV

Forneus: Wh-What on earth are you two—!

Forneus, Ping, and the templar knights all exclaimed in surprise. They were surprisingly in sync, and their eyes all looked ready to pop out of their sockets. As always, Miledi did as she pleased, heedless of their shock.

Miledi: Mwahahaha! You, the disgusting old man over there! Too bad, but O-kun's already promised himself to us~ Did you think you'd won? Did you really think you beat him? Hehehehehehe!

Forneus' veins bulged as he looked up at Miledi. Never before had anyone dared to call him a "disgusting old man." What infuriated him even more though was Miledi's playful grin. It aggravated him more than words could express. Moreover, both of them had arrived at the absolute perfect time to save the day. It was almost as if they'd been listening in on their conversation and had planned her entrance. Oh, also, Ryu had blown the roof off of Forneus' precious building. He had plenty reason to be angry.

He opened his mouth to yell at her, but before he could say anything, Oscar looked up at them and voiced his thoughts.

Oscar: R-Ryu? M-Miledi? Wh-Why are you two here?

Ryu and Miledi looked down and smile at Oscar.

Ryu: Oscar, I can't believe you. If you'd just asked me for help, you wouldn't have gotten hurt like that, and you wouldn't have made Corrin cry! How pathetic can you get? You even made a little girl cry!

Oscar: That's not true! Okay, well, maybe it is! But still, I thought really hard about what you said and... Wait, this isn't the time!

The shouting exacerbated his injuries, and Oscar doubled over in pain. Their expression grew serious, and Ryu continued.

Oscar: Please don't do this! This is the only way to get Dylan and Katy back... To keep my family safe!

Ryu: Oscar, I can't believe you. You should know he'd never keep his promise. As long as it's in the name of their god, they think anything's justified. Even he doesn't know how to turn Dylan and Katy back to normal.

Oscar: What?

Oscar's eyes went wide in surprise. Forneus flushed with anger and he screamed at Ryu and Miledi.

Forneus: You bitch, I made that monument for Lord Ehit! How dare you destroy it! Oscar, are they one of your allies!? If that building is completely destroyed these test subjects will never return to normal! Are you fine with that!?

Oscar: Ah—

Oscar felt as if he'd been punched in the gut. Forneus glared at him, silently imploring him to call Ryu and Miledi off. Oscar gripped his umbrella. However, Miledi continued cheerfully, while Ryu was still as calm as the still sea, as if unaware of the turmoil in Oscar's heart.

Miledi: Hm? Could it be you're worried about us destroying... this?

She snapped her fingers, and a large object floated out of the roofless building.

Forneus: Wh-Wh-Wh-Wh-Wh—

Forneus couldn't even articulate properly anymore. His surprise was understandable. Floating in the air, with chunks of it crumbling away and falling to the ground, was a section of the ground nearly six meters in diameter. A complex magic circle had been engraved onto the surface of the earth, with an altar of sorts resting above it. The altar was held up by a rectangular pillar in the magic circle's center, and an eye had been engraved into its center.

 The altar was held up by a rectangular pillar in the magic circle's center, and an eye had been engraved into its center