(Spatial) Chapter 18 Mortal Action

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Her swords bit into his umbrella. He could feel them cutting into his neck. He'd avoided being decapitated, but only by a hair's breadth. The swords
slowly digging into his skin reminded him that his head could still fly at any moment. That one attack had shaved a decade off his life just from the fright it had given him.

Hearst: You're surprisingly tenacious.

Hearst's lifeless eyes bored into Oscar. They were the same shade of blue as Miledi's. He knew this wasn't the time to be comparing eyes, but Oscar couldn't help it. While Miledi's looked like a clear blue sky after a storm, Hearst's resembled empty glass spheres. There was only the tiniest hint of light in those glass globes. Up close, it felt as if her gaze was piercing right through him.

Miledi: O-kun!

Miledi fired a barrage of wind blades at Hearst. Hearst turned to face the onslaught. She sent Oscar flying with a roundhouse kick as she turned, then cut down the wind blades with her swords.

 She sent Oscar flying with a roundhouse kick as she turned, then cut down the wind blades with her swords

Oscar slammed into the ground faster than he could blink.

Oscar: Cough Cough Gah, this isn't good.

Coughing up blood, he struggled to all fours. Despite his coat's protection, one kick had been enough to knock the wind out of him. Had it not been for his Ebony Coat, he'd be dead right now. As he struggled to his feet, he heard a scream above him.

Miledi: Kyaa!?

Oscar: Miledi!

Oscar willed his wounded body into action, and leaped over to where Miledi was falling. He caught her in midair, swallowed down the bile and blood that threatened to spill out of his mouth, and landed on his back. He wasn't going to let her go, no matter what.

Miledi: Ugh. Th-Thanks, O-kun.

Oscar: Looks like you're...not okay. Don't push yourself. I don't know how I'll face Ryu if something were to happen to you.

There was a deep gash running from the top of Miledi's shoulder to the tip of her breast. Though she was pressing on it with her hand, blood still dripped between her fingers. The wound wasn't fatal, but it was certainly grave.

Oscar looked down at his umbrella. The earlier scissor cut had hacked it nearly in two. Despite the fact that the umbrella's cloth was made of the hardest material in existence.

He mentally reviewed his remaining trump cards.

He knew his chains had no hope of binding Hearst. If she had the strength to cut through his umbrella, his chains wouldn't last seconds. The same held true for the threads in his gloves.

Oscar(mind): Just what is her body made of?

They hadn't been able to get a scratch on her. Oscar was all out of enchanted daggers. Even his strongest spell, Thunderlord's Judgement, hadn't been able to touch her.