Chapter 74 Offering incense

Start from the beginning

She sewed her clothes again, and suddenly remembered the cookbook, "Lan Xia, what do you think of Third Young Master Zhou compared to Second Young Master?"

"Third Young Master Zhou?"

Lan Xia immersed herself in thought for a while, and compared it in a meaningful way, "In appearance, he is about the same as the Second Young Master. In terms of family background, he is slightly better than the Second Young Master. In terms of personality... the Second Young Master used to ignore the Young Lady's affection. He was sarcastic and ridiculed the Young Lady as soon as they met, but now both of them have changed, one is more attentive than the other."

She covered her cheek and twisted her eyebrows in confusion, "Both are good, it's too hard to choose."

Fu Lu shook her head and sighed: "It's a pity that the Young Lady doesn't like either of them."

The two chatted for a while, then lowered their heads and started working again. After a while, Fu Lu wanted to go back to the house to get something, and heard someone knocking on the door.

Fu Lu hurriedly opened the door, still wondering, Miss came back so early today? When she opened the door, she saw Cui Muli standing outside. She called in surprise: "Second Young Master?"

After hearing this, Lan Xia stood up straight and turned around. She saluted the visitor, and called out respectfully: "Second Young Master."

Fu Lu followed and saluted, but she was muttering in her heart: Why is the Second Young Master here?

Cui Muli glanced at the courtyard and asked, "Where is your Young Lady?"

Fu Lu said: "Miss is chanting sutras in the main hall and will not come back until dinner time."

Cui Muli asked: "Only today?"

Fu Lu said: "It's like this every day."

Cui Muli said: "Take me there."

*

The temple is magnificent, the pillars are pure and clean, and the Buddha statue is solemn.

Xie Miao knelt down on the futon, and clasped her hands together. She wrapped a string of Buddhist beads between her palms, closed her eyes and muttered something.

"Namo Amitabha Night Dotagado Ye Duo Di Ye Ta Amili Du Po Amili Duo Sidanda Po Viami Duo Vikalanda Ami Duo Vikalanda Gami Gana..." (quoted from the literature "Rebirth Mantra")

A tall figure stood beside the door, staring at her quietly.

Incense was burning in front of the Buddha, and amid the smoke, she was chanting sutras devoutly. Her brows were quiet and hazy, like a wisp of mist in the air that could disappear at any time.

Cui Muli spoke subconsciously, breaking the uneasy peace, "A-Miao."

Xie Miao opened her eyes, followed the sound, and asked unexpectedly: "Cousin Cui? Why are you here?"

Cui Muli said: "I heard from mother that you are staying at Qingxin Temple for a short time. I happen to be passing nearby and came to see you."

It just so happens?

Xie Miao frowned slightly and said calmly: "Thank you for your concern, Cousin. I'm fine here."

Cui Muli slowly approached and stopped half a step away from her. The girl knelt and raised her neck. The young man leaned over and looked at her deeply.

Their eyes met silently, and in the room full of sandalwood, he felt slightly apprehensive, but her eyes were clear and unmoved.

He thought with regret, if it had been before...