31. Storeroom

The room was dimly lit, the air heavy with tension. William stumbled through the doorway, his breath reeking of alcohol. His eyes fell upon Amelia, sitting on the edge of the bed, her gaze distant and unyielding.

"I heard you didn't eat anything today," William mumble, his voice thick with anger. "Do you want me to force you to eat?"

Amelia remained silent, her eyes fixed on a distant beyond the room. William's frustration grew, and he stepped closer, gripping her cheeks tightly. "Why are you ignoring me?" he demanded. "I'm talking to you!"

Amelia finally looked at him, her expression devoid of any warmth. "I hate you, William," she whispered, her voice like a blade slicing through the air.

William's face turned into a menacing expression. He staggered back, knocking over a chair, and then swept his hands across the dresser, throwing all the objects and crashing it to the floor. "Stop saying that!" he shouted, his fists clenched.

Driven by rage, he charged at Amelia, pulling her up from the bed. Her body went limp as he dragged her toward the door. The hallway outside was dark, the only light filtering through the cracks in the wooden panels. William pushed her into the small storage room.

He slammed the door shut, the sound echoing through the empty house. Amelia was trapped, the darkness swallowing her whole.

After William locked Amelia in the store room, he felt a mixture of anger and disappointment coursing through him. "Don't give her any food," he instructed the butler firmly, his voice carrying an edge of determination. "Only when she stays there on an empty stomach will she realize her mistake."

The butler, nodded solemnly, his expression reflecting a sense of sadness at the unfolding events he couldn't help but feel empathy for Amelia's plight.

With a heavy heart, William turned away and made his way to his room, his steps echoing in the silent corridor. His mind was filled with conflicting emotions, but deep down, he felt he had to take a stand. He couldn't let Amelia's reckless behavior go unpunished.

Entering his room, William closed the door behind him. He stood for a moment in the dim light, the weight of his actions settling upon him. Than he locked the room and laid onto the edge of his bed As he lay there, staring up at the ceiling, his mind raced with thoughts of Amelia and he murmured," Amelia you are headstrong, always unwilling to bend to my will. But this time, you have crossed the line, testing the limits of my patience and resolve."

In the stillness of the night, William battle with his conscience, struggling with the moral implications of his actions. Was he being too harsh? Should he have shown more leniency towards Amelia?, Is what he had thought.

But then, a strong determination swept over him, banishing any doubts or second-guessing as William wishpered " I did everything for Amelia's sake, she needed to learn the consequences of her actions."

With a final sigh, William closed his eyes, surrendering to the embrace of sleep. His dreams were haunted by visions of a world where right and wrong blurred together, where the lines between love and punishment were indistinguishable.

~~~

It's been a day Amelia lay on the cold, hard floor of the storeroom, feeling as though her life had been turned to a mere existence. The flickering lights from outside cast eerie shadows, adding to the sense of isolation that enveloped her. Each passing moment seemed like eternity, amplifying her despair.

As she drifted in and out of consciousness, a sudden thud jolted her awake. Her heart raced with fear as she scanned the darkness, searching for the source of the noise. Slowly, she rose to her feet, her muscles aching from the hours of confinement. With cautious steps, she made her way toward the origin of the sound.

In the faint glow of the flickering lights, she spotted a photo frame lying on the floor. She knelt down and picked it up, her hands trembling as she brushed away the dust. As she peered through the dimness, the image came into focus-a family portrait of William's parents, smiling warmly at the camera.

But there was someone else in the photo-a boy, standing between William's parents with a bright smile on his face. Amelia's brow furrowed in confusion. She had never seen this boy before, and William had never mentioned him in any of their conversations.

"This boy looks exactly like William's father," she whispered to herself, her voice barely audible in the stillness of the room. "But I have never seen him before, and even William never talked about him. Who might this be?"

Before Amelia could think further, the door creaked open, and her heart skipped a beat as William entered the room. Panic seized her, and she quickly hid the photo behind her back, her eyes wide with fear.

"What's wrong, Amelia?" William's voice cut through the silence, sending shivers down her spine. "Why are you shivering like this? Could it be that you're scared of me?"

Amelia's breath caught in her throat, her mind racing for an excuse. "No, of course not," she stammered.

A twisted smile curled on William's lips as he stepped closer, his eyes gleaming with satisfaction. "You know what, I like it," he said, his voice low and menacing. "I don't know why, but seeing you trembling in fear gives me so much pleasure."

Amelia's stomach filled with unease, but she forced herself to maintain her composure. "Anyway, my love," William continued, his tone dripping with malice, "are you ready to say sorry?"

Amelia met his gaze, her eyes blazing with disgust. "You killed my child I will never apologise to you," she spat, her words filled with venom.

The air crackled with tension as William's expression darkened, his temper flaring. Without warning, he lashed out, his hand connecting with Amelia's cheek in a sharp slap. Pain exploded across her face, and she stumbled backward,

Tears welled in Amelia's eyes as she recoiled from the blow, her heart heavy with despair. She had never felt so helpless, trapped in a nightmare of her own decisions.