6. Real Face

As the night unfolded, William suggested a leisurely stroll through the restaurant. They strolled hand in hand, and the atmosphere was filled with a sense of enchantment. However, their idyllic date took an unexpected turn when a stranger collided with Amelia.

The man murmured, "Sorry," with real concern in his eyes.

But before Amelia could accept his apology, William lost his temper. His teeth tightened, and he let out an outburst of anger at the man. As a crowd gathered around their lovely evening, it was shattered by an unprovoked act of violence.

Amelia, caught in the whirlwind of emotions, tried to intervene, pleading with William to stop.

"William, please, it was just an accident. Let it go."

However, blinded by irrational anger, William continued his assault. The scene became tense as onlookers murmured. 

Amelia, embarrassed and frightened, stepped back, her eyes reflecting a mix of disappointment and fear.

Finally, when William's rage subsided, he seemed to snap back to reality. He took a step back as his eyes met Amelia's.

"I'm sorry," William stammered, attempting to justify his actions. "I just couldn't stand someone bumping into you like that."

Amelia, who was still processing the events, struggled to find words.

The stranger, now composed but visibly shaken, interrupted the awkward silence.

"It's okay, man. I should've been more careful. No hard feelings."

In an attempt to diffuse the tension, the stranger extended a hand toward William. William took it and said, "Sorry." even though he didn't feel apologetic.

As they were in the car returning home, Amelia, who was still visibly upset, whispered,

"This isn't okay, William. 

 "You're right, Amelia. I let my emotions get the best of me. I'm truly sorry."

Amelia stormed into her room, the echo of the slammed door reverberating through the silence of the night. Frustration etched across her face, she paced the floor, replaying William's behavior in her mind. The laughter from their date seemed like a distant memory, overshadowed by the unsettling revelation of his different nature.

Meanwhile, in William's room, he grappled with his inner turmoil. He couldn't shake the disappointment that swirled within him, having momentarily let his darker side surface in front of Amelia. His hands clenched into fists.

As Amelia tried to make sense of it all, she muttered to herself,

"I thought I knew him, but tonight... he all of a sudden became a completely different person. What was that? What did I miss?"

In William's room, suddenly a sinister smile played on his lips as he recalled the shock in Amelia's eyes when glimpses of his true self were revealed. The thrill of revealing his darker side both excited and haunted him.

"I can't let her know the truth yet," he muttered to the dimly lit room.

Amelia, still caught in the whirlwind of emotions, thought,

"How could he act so normal one moment and then... this?

William, now sitting on the edge of his bed, ran his fingers through his hair, battling the conflicting thoughts that surged within him.

"Was it worth it?" he questioned himself. "To let her see this so soon? No, I have to do something about this. I can't leave it like this.

                                   ~~~

The next day, before Amelia could confront William,

Under the soft glow of the morning sun, William led Amelia through the quiet cemetery. They stopped in front of a weathered gravestone adorned with fading flowers.

William hesitated before speaking; his voice sounded like he was carrying the weight of years of sorrow.

"Amelia, I need to share something with you. This place holds the memories of my parents, who left this world five years ago in a tragic car accident."

Amelia's eyes softened, and she placed a comforting hand on William's shoulder.

"I knew they were no more, but I had no idea it was because of an accident, William. I'm so sorry for your loss."

William nodded, his gaze fixed on the gravestone. "They were my pillars of strength, my guiding lights. Losing them left a void that I've struggled to fill. With no one left to depend on, I met you. I had no idea that in just a few days I would be so attached to you. Last night, when that man bumped into you, the thought of you getting hurt made me lose my mind."

Amelia's empathy deepened as she listened, understanding the pain that lingered in William's words.

"I can't imagine what you've been through, William. But you're not alone anymore. I'm here for you."

Amelia squeezed his hand, offering silent support.

"You're stronger than you think, William. Facing such a loss and still standing here today is a testament to your strength."

"Thank you for being here, Amelia,"

William said, looking into her eyes.

"Your presence means more to me than you can imagine. I feel like, in sharing this part of my life with you, I've finally found someone who understands and cares for me."

Amelia smiled, genuine and comforting."I will be by your side so that you won't feel lonely anymore."

With those words, as they were about to walk away from the graves, suddenly a gentle breeze swept through the cemetery, carrying the bitter scent of the past.