Chapter 26 ~ Do I Regret it? No

Not Edited

 Mentions ~

Mariano Hayes

Mariano Hayes

Do I regret it? No

Natasha has been looking between Bloom and me since their girl's night. I think Bloom couldn't keep it to herself and told Natasha. I don't blame her because as soon as I got home that night Damien decided to stay the night at my house I ended up telling him also. 

Whenever Damien decides to say something slick I make sure to make a slick remark on Natasha because I know how much he hates when I do that. They need to stop playing with each other's feelings and get together. I have been sitting in my office all day taking calls and following up on the construction of the new building which is coming along very well. 

All of the employees I hired over the summer are going to work there. I have to make sure my door is locked at all times because I don't want Bloom to walk in. One thing is I hope she doesn't regret it, but a deep feeling in my heart tells me she does. Over the years I came to realize I slowly started to develop feelings for her, but for some reason this year it hit hard because I decided to actually include her in things with Damien and Natasha. 

A knock echoed on my door. I got up and answered the door and it was just Natasha. " Scared?" She asked and handed me some papers. " No, why?" I questioned knowing exactly what she was talking about. " You know why, but I am not going to mention it in the office because the topic is highly inappropriate," She said and smiled then walked out of my office and I locked the door behind her. 

The papers were some employees requested to get moved to the new building and also who wanted to stay here. I sent these out, so I can gage to see who wants what. I looked down at my watch.

" Shit, I am going to be late," I said. I had lunch planned with Josette since I hadn't seen her since we argued, so this is my apology it was probably the best to apologize to her because this woman loves food and plus she was in Chicago. I locked up my office and left passing up Bloom's desk where she was typing on her laptop not paying attention to me. " Bloom, if anyone is looking for me I went out for lunch and sent them to Damien," I said trying not to look in her eyes. " Okay, Mariano," She said without looking up at me. I think she regrets everything after I told myself I was going to keep my distance, but it is kind of hard if we work in the same building and only a few steps away. 

The elevator doors closed taking away the view of Bloom away from me. I walked to my car before people started to spot me and come up to me with a million questions that I didn't have time for. I drove to the restaurant where I was meeting Josette. Since school started back up my nieces are unfortunately in California at school and Josette doesn't play about them missing school and plus private schools of course private schools are all up in your business of why your child missed school.