Chapter 15 ~ Mariano and Andrew

Not Edited

Mentions ~

Bloom Jackson

Bloom Jackson

It has been over two weeks and everything is perfect. Andrew got caught up so he will be here tomorrow and today is Mariano's court day. He is so nervous right now he is walking back and forth and his sister, Josette, who I just met is trying to calm him down. I don't think it is working though. His parents currently have Kaia right now and they are in the back room so she doesn't have to be in the courtroom with both of her parents.

I just can't imagine what is going through a four-year-old mind. She might think it's a game until she realizes one parent is gone. I don't think she thought her mother was gone until the kids at her school mentioned it, so now I guess that is a chance and to think she has no say in it doesn't matter how young she is.

I got up and sat next to Marino whose leg was bouncing constantly. Everyone left him alone a while ago, but to me, I know he isn't okay. " I know you would be mad if I asked if you are okay, but are you ok, seriously?" I placed my hand in his to calm him down even more. I don't think this is just nervous I am pretty sure he is having an anxiety attack. " I'm fine, Bloom, I don't know what to say because Lilth has everything little thing planned out to win over Kaia, but this day isn't the only day we are going to have court unless something happens," He said. He stopped bouncing his leg and looked ahead of him.

The Hayes family lawyer walked in and she had everything in a briefcase. Josette, Natasha, Damien, and Robert welcomed her. " Mariano, can we speak before we go in?" She said. Mariano nodded and they went down the hall. 

A few minutes later we entered the courtroom and I sat down next to Natasha. Lilth and her lawyer were already seated in the front. She had a bright smile on her face. I can't lie she is beautiful I completely understand why he loved her. The other thing is I didn't think Mariano would be with a model, but that makes sense to bring money into the family.

One thing for sure is that the Hayes family is from old money. Mariano and his lawyer, Iris D'Vil, walked in and sat down on the side we were. Lilth has some family and friends here also. I bet they know what she is up to and completely support it. " He is moving a lot," Natasha whispers to me. " Yeah, because is fucking scared to lose Kaia to her. God, knows what she is going to change around in her life the life he created for her," Josette whispers back.

I feel like I am in a family drama, but they don't mind telling me because they are still learning about me and I am at the top. They just want me to feel somewhere special and want that bond with them. Josette already said when she is back in Chicago she will be making plans with Natasha and me for a girl's day or we can go to California. 

I have never been to California, so I rather make that trip instead. I would like to see more of the world.

The judge walks in and everyone stands. Soon as the judge sat down she let everyone sit back down. She introduced herself, Judge Karr, Lilth was the first one to make statements and when I tell you she had ' false' evidence with her she had a lot of it. I know both of their lawyers are expensive and they are the best from what I heard from Josette.