Chapter One ~ Busy Work days

Not edited

mentions~ 

Bloom Jackson

Bloom Jackson

I have been sitting at my desk all day without anything to eat. I have been running errands and attending meetings that I should have not attended because it really seemed like I didn't need to be there.

I finished up some paperwork and slid them into Mr. Hayes's mailbox. I sat back at my desk. People have been walking past me and some waiting for Mr. Hayes because they have an appointment with him. Lately, most of these women in this office have been flirty over him, but Mr. Hayes brushes them off. It is so funny because then the smiles and giggling stop.

I am currently typing up the schedule for the upcoming event for the company. People say it is the best event and raises the most money. I need to order food, so I need to find out what everyone likes.

I went to Mr. Hayes's office. His door was closed. I knocked and stood back waiting for him to open the door. The door unlocks and there he was a tall, muscular standing right before my eyes.

" What, Bloom?"

" Can I send out a poll for food? I don't know what everyone wants," I asked. 

" Sure go ahead," He closed his door.

Rude

While I am at it let me order myself some food, because I know I will be working late tonight like always. I never get a break every day is a busy day.

I said back at my desk which is in front of the elevator. Basically, I get no privacy. Mr. Hayes walked out of his office and went down the hall which is where some other people work the people he trusts the most. 

Damien Bailey, his best friend

Damien and he came out of Damien's office with his laughing. Mr. Hayes looks pissed. He clicked the down button on the elevator and then both of them disappeared.

I got a notification on my phone saying my food has arrive downstairs. I jumped from my seat and got onto the elevator. Once I hit the first floor I walked to the front desk and there my food was sitting on the counter where the receptionist was. 

" Good evening," I said. I know for sure they hate me because I work closer to Mr. Hayes and they are still on the first level. They just looked me up and down and continued their conversation. I headed back to the elevator back to my prison.

" Hello, baby," Jake Connor said.

" One, don't call me that, and two, focus on your wife and kids. I don't think she will be happy to hear the words that come out of your mouth every day," I said and turned on my heels and back to the elevator.