Chapter 18 ~ Family Dinner

Not Edited

Mentions ~

Mariano Hayes

Mariano Hayes

The past few weeks I can't lie have been rough. I only got to see Kaia about twice when Lilth came back to visit and she spent the night. Kaia made sure we did everything she planned out. I made sure to spend the moment she opened her eyes until she closed them with her. I don't want to miss the small things that happen in her life.

Kaia also talked about her little trips with Lilth and her boyfriend, and whatever he is to her. Work had been a hassle, but I have managed to get through it like always. It's now late July going into August. Summer went by so fast and the fall is now approaching. My new employers are doing great and I am glad I picked the right people for the job, of course with Bloom's help.

Speaking of Bloom, I still buy her flowers. She doesn't say anything about stopping buying her flowers, so I guess it isn't a problem. That is my only way of getting to make small conversations with her besides work and meetings. Otherwise, we haven't talked or gone out to get lunch. From what I can tell she and Andrew are getting pretty serious. I realized she had taken a few weeks off ahead of time to head to Miami. 

Come to find out Damien and Natasha are off and on once again, but have been rooting for them for a long time. 

I walked into my office and Bloom wasn't at her desk, but I knew she was there because her stuff and Natasha's office door were closed. They must be talking about something, but I need to give her my chart for today. I unlocked my office wrote some extra things down on my chart and went out and placed it on Bloom's desk. I know today I have some people coming into my office for face-to-face meetings with some people who are on top of their businesses. 

CEO to CEO

Damien is having a meeting with their CFO, so the second person in the business with also be here. I have to make sure lunch is delivered to the lunchroom at a certain time since I will be closing it down for a certain time slot, so no one will bother us. 

In the meanwhile I should start preparing for this meeting also since Lilth is still in here my parents wanted a family dinner. This time they invited me and Josette is coming down once again. Not only for the dinner but to make sure it won't get out of hand. I would say I am closer to my mother than my father, but as a whole, I don't have a good relationship with either. I guess it is what it is.

Time started to roll around and security was already downstairs to meet up with my guest. I made sure I was downstairs to make sure everything ran smoothly. I am pretty sure someone called some paparazzi since people were across the streets snapping pictures. I have a strict rule no paparazzi inside my office building or else they will get escorted out and it won't be pretty. My security is pretty rough with people who don't work here or no people who refuse to leave that work here.

 They got inside safely and I shook his hand. " Welcome, Mr. Vice and Miss. Lindale," I said and headed to the elevator. I warned everyone about this day, so they could dress appropriately and act a certain way. It's absolutely ridiculous that I have to tell grown adults this.