Chapter Three ~ Out and about

Not edited

Mentions ~

Bloom Jackson

Bloom Jackson

I went down to the middle of my apartment complex, where the garden was. I walked through the gates and there is a few of the older ladies with their gardening tools at their section. I took my tools and went to my section which is in the corner of the area. 

I dug up some weeds and put them into the plastic bag. I pulled some of the plants that have died and I wanted to replace them. I put them into the plastic bag as well and put some more dirt down. I opened the bag of Carnation seeds and buried them in the dirt and poured some water.

" Good afternoon, Bloom," Mrs. Oaks said. She is one of the residents here. I have known her since I moved here and she is like the mother I never had. She is sweet and gives me baked goods on the weekends.

" Good afternoon, Mrs. Oaks," She handed me a box of baked goods. 

" Thank you," I smiled and she returned one showing off her perfectly straight teeth. She walked off to her section of the garden. I watched the rest of my flowers and bushes shine in the sunlight. I like the spring weather it is nice and it also makes me want to go outside and explore nature and go sightseeing, but I don't have time to do those things since I work Monday through Friday. I put all my tools up and went back up to my apartment. I stored everything under the small bench by the front door.

" How am I going to spend my Saturday the day is almost gone," I went to my room and opened the door to my walk, looked through my clothes, and picked out a brown off-the-shoulder long-sleeve top and a pair of white jeans. 

I took down my hair from the ponytail it was in and brushed it out. I did a middle part and curled the ends of my hair. I went back into my closet and grabbed the clothes I picked out and put them on. I fluffed my hair a little and grabbed a pair of sandals. I grabbed my brown wallet and my phone and left my apartment complex. 

I am going to treat myself and go out to eat and maybe do some shopping. I called a cab over and he stopped. I got in the back.

" Where to ma'am?"

" Take me to the shopping center," I asked politely and he nodded the drive should be about fifteen minutes from my apartment. I looked up at the buildings. The Hayes building may be one of the tallest buildings here in Chicago. The sun shined through the clouds making the sky even more beautiful.

The driver stopped in front of the shopping center and I gave him a twenty-dollar bill and got out of the car. I walked in and it seemed like everyone was out today. Well, it is a Saturday afternoon. I went into the boutique it wasn't crowded like it is outside. I looked through the shirts that were hanging in the front of the store. I picked up a lacey black off-the-shoulder top. I found my size and kept looking through the rack. 

I found a short dress with puffy sleeves. This would look good for the event coming up soon. I quickly found my size and added it to the shirt I found.