"What did they find out, exactly?" I asked coldly. I didn't mean to be so cold. I just hated the idea of people spying on me, my friends, Jay, and Charlie. I've become protective over Charlie. Even my friends and my mate are protective over him.

 "You are a natural born leader, princess." Coral said. I looked at her. 

 "Our spies were there when the merprince, Kallan, was rushed to the hospital. They've seen yours and your mate's actions. They saw your determination to fight and protect your pack, your mate, and your friends. They saw your quick actions when you caught the spy, Don. They've seen how you care about others. They saw how you comforted your brother, mate, and the vampire boy when they were upset. The action that affected our queen the most, was when you adopted Young Charles." 

 "Princess Lyra, I will thank you not to call him Charles." I said firmly.

 They smiled and nodded. "Of course. My apologies, princess."

 "Now that you've explained the fact we're being spied on and the fact I've changed Queen Leanna's mind, do you mind explaining what you are doing here?" 

 "We've come because Queen Leanna wishes for you to begin your training to take your place as queen." Draco answered.

  I frowned. "And what about Jay? She said I cannot rule without a king. She also said that he cannot be king and a Gamma at the same time."

 "She has decided to give you a chance. To allow you to rule how you see fit. Allow your mate to be Gamma and king at the same time, the way you described to him." Ivy replied.

 I stared at them, my eyes wide. "For real...?"

 "Yes, princess." Torion answered.

 "What is your decision, Princess Elena?" Caspian asked.

 I smiled and looked down at Charlie before looking back at our companions. "I wish to talk to Jay first. As my mate and future king, he deserves to know and be apart of this decision."

 "Very well, Princess Elena. But please, do not take too long. Your kingdom awaits." Lyra spoke. "Come, Draco, Ivy, Torion. The spies will inform us when the princess has spoken to her mate." The three nodded in response.

 "Good day, princess. Good day, Charlie." Ivy said, smiling. The other three nodded in agreement. With that, Draco and Lyra picked Ivy and Torion up and flew away.  

 "Well...That was certainly unexpected. I'm sorry about our game, Charlie." I said, looking down at the boy.

 "It's ok, Elena." Charlie smiled at me, shrugging.

 I smiled at him before turning to the two merfolk behind us. "It's good to see you, Caspian, Coral. What are you doing here?"

 "We came to visit Kallan. We thought we'd surprise him." Coral replied.

 "That's exciting! I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you both." I smiled.

 "Is he still at the pack house?" Caspian asked.

 "Oh, no. He and Rose moved into a little house near the beach with Elanor and Ash. I can show you where it is if you want." I offered.

 "That'd be great, thank you, princess," Caspian nodded. 

 I nodded. I wasn't holding Charlie anymore, but I continued to hold his hand. "Do you mind if we continue our game later, bud?"

 "I don't mind! I enjoy seeing Kallan, Rosalie, Ash, and Elanor," Charlie smiled brightly.

 I chuckled. It was true. He loved hanging out with them. They often showed him their powers. They all seemed to love to hang out with him and show him their abilities as well. Ash especially. Though...lately he seems a little...different...Almost strained and weak...Whenever he was asked about it, he said he was fine. Though, Kallan, Rose, and especially Elanor seemed to know what was going on. Honestly, it's getting concerning. Perhaps I can take this opportunity to talk to him....