Chapter 31- The Earth King (part 2)

A look of pure surprise washed over the face of Long Feng, as if he had truly believed that the Earth King was going to trust him. Even we were surprised as we watched the two Dai Li agents use metal handcuffs to restrain their own leader.

"You can't arrest me!" Long Feng tried to reason as he struggled with the two agents, who held onto him strongly. "You all need me more than you know!"

"It looks like Long Feng is long gone!" Sokka taunted as the Dai Li escorted their leader out of our sight. "Yeah, I've been waiting to use that one,"

Soon after, once the sun was set and the night was already upon us, we returned to the king's palace. Our gang stood in the throne room while the Earth King sat on his golden throne, his bear, Bosco, lying on the floor next to him. The king pondered as he sat on his royal chair.

"I want to thank you, young heroes," he said after a silence. "For opening my eyes. All this time, what I thought was a great metropolis was merely a city of fools. And that makes me the king fool," he placed a hand over his head in disbelief. "We're at war with the fire nation.

"That's why we came to Ba Sing Se, your highness," Sokka jumped in. "Because we think you could help us end the war,

"We don't have much time," Aang explained to the king. "There's a comet coming this summer. It's energy will give the firebenders unbelievable strength. They'll be unstoppable,"

"But there is hope," Sokka continued. "Before the comet comes, we have a window of opportunity. A solar eclipse is coming. The sun will be entirely blocked out by the moon, and the firebenders will be helpless,"

"What are you suggesting, Sokka?" the king questioned him.

"That's the day we need to invade the fire nation," Sokka informed him. "The day of Black Sun,"

"I don't know..." the king looked sceptical. "That would require moving troops out of Ba Sing Se. We'd be completely vulnerable,"

"You already are vulnerable," I decided it was time to chime in with my thoughts. "The great city of Omashu has already fallen to the fire nation. Now, only Ba Sing Se is left. Once the fire nation takes over Ba Sing Se, which they will eventually if we don't do something, the Earth Kingdom will have officially fallen," I finished my speech as the king once again pondered with his hand on his chin. After another moment of thought, he spoke.

"Very well. You have my support," the Earth King announced to us.

We all celebrated with joy. After a month of desperately trying to make it to Ba Sing Se and speak to the king, we had finally won Earth Kingdom support. Aang whipped around the room on a ball of air while I dapped up Sokka in celebration. We were all so filled with joy that we didn't even notice when a well-dressed earth kingdom soldier walked into the room. It was only when he spoke that I looked to see the man, who was dressed in a green cape and had black hair and a styled beard.

"Your majesty," he made his presence known as he walked across the throne room and knelt in front of the king. "I apologise for the interruption,"

"This is General How," the Earth King introduced. "He's the leader of the council of five, my highest-ranking generals,"

"We searched Long Feng's office," he informed us all. "I think we found something that will interest everybody,"

Only a moment later we all stood in a different room. It was the same room that Long Feng had taken us to just after the Earth King's party two days ago. The green fire still burned bright as the king sat in front of it at a large wooden table. General How stood next to us as another guard brought in a simple green and yellow box and placed it on the table.