Chapter 27- The Date

Once I had left the healer's, with my arm now fully fixed and feeling fine, I headed towards the upper ring of the city so I could get ready for my date. As I walked through the sandy yellow streets, I felt a small tinge of nerves begin to develop in my stomach. I had never been on a date, so I was as absolutely clueless about what I was supposed to do and how I was supposed to prepare.

As I pondered on the thought, I walked past a white house with double doors and two pillars holding up its fancy brown roof. There were two earth kingdom symbols next to the doors, and two lanterns lit up the area. Suddenly, by pure coincidence, the double doors of the fancy building were yanked open, and out came flying a boy. But it wasn't just any boy. He was dressed in water tribe clothing; it was Sokka! He sat on his ass, looking confused.

"Sokka!" I shouted to get his attention as I ran towards him, offering him a hand up which he gladly accepted.

"Oh hey, (Y/N)," he greeted me with a smile. "What's up?"

"Not much. How come you got thrown out of that posh looking building?" I asked him with a chuckle.

"Women..." he simply muttered as if they was supposed to answer my question.

"Women? But I thought that you were like, an expert when it comes to women." I smirked at him, mimicking the words that he said to me on the Serpent's Pass.

"I am!" He quickly defended himself, making me laugh. "But now that I'm with Suki, I don't need to worry about that stuff," he boasted with a smug grin.

"So you guys are official now?" I asked him out of genuine curiosity.

"Umm to be honest, I don't know for sure," he admitted to me. "But there's definitely something there,"

"There definitely is," I agreed, which made Sokka smile.

"So, speaking of girls," Sokka said with a sly grin. "Have you had any success with the ladies of Ba Sing Se?" he continued, mostly as a joke. I knew my response would shock him.

"It's funny you ask," I smirked at him. "I've got a date tonight,". I watched as Sokka's jaw dropped in shock, as if the concept of me getting a date with a women was impossible. Eventually it seemed that he regained the ability to speak.

"You? A date? With a woman?" He gasped, which caused me to laugh. "But you know nothing about women. No offence, of course," he added.

"I know, I've never been on a date before," I admitted to him nervously. "That's why I was going to ask you for some help,"

"Well you've come to the right guy!" Sokka enthusiastically remarked, throwing his arm around my shoulders as we walked together down the streets of the middle ring. "We'll get you ready for that date in no time,"

"So what should I do?" I asked him.

"Well, impressing a woman is easy. You just flex your muscles a lot and compliment them," Sokka explained confidently, though I was finding it hard to believe him. "Maybe you can do some of your waterbending, that'll be sure to impress her,". I doubted Sokka's advice, but I had little else to go off of, so I had to trust his word. We walked through the middle ring of the city as Sokka fed me questionable advice, heading towards our house in the upper ring, where he told me he would 'pamper' me up for the date. With every piece of advice he gave me, I started regretting my decision to agree to this date in the first place.

Once we had left the middle ring, and were walking through the quieter streets of the upper ring, we could see a group of girls in the distance. They were upper-class and wearing fancy, colourful dresses. I thought nothing of it, of course, and planned to walk past them as usual. Sokka, however, had other plans. He grabbed my arm, stopping me from walking.