"I remember they shaped that story for kids. They didn't leave in the part where it also fought a war against pirates, alone." The girl mumbled.

"He'd always return to sea to rest and prepare for another battle, but those actions are what brought on the question. Why would the king of the seas want his city to be on land?" Kael leaned against the stone railing and looked back at Gura. "Maybe he simply firmed in the resolve of diversity, that his people should feel safe in both plains of this world."

"I heard rumors around the street."

"Rumors?" The King's interest was piqued.

"Some old dudes were moaning on the streets about how important the royal bloodline is...they said that we'd all die if there's no ruler to sit on that throne. Something about traitors that live"

Kael quickly scoffed and pushed off the railing. "I've heard those ramblings myself, do not pay them any mind."

"I kinda figured that but...it makes me wonder how the people react to things that happen in here, did they start saying such things after mom and dad died...or was it because of me?"

Kael remained silent and tried to think of any means to give the girl solace but nothing came to mind. He's not used to this situation, he's never had to experience such a thing and that's exactly what clicked.

"What were mother and father like to you?" He asked.

"What?"

"Were they kind? Good parents?"

Gura looked at the man with slight disbelief. She peered into the emptiness of his eyes, it was the lack of shine in them that truly showed just how devoid of...humanity he was.

"They were. To me they were the best parents I could have asked for. They weren't like those high expectation hungry rulers, they understood me, they loved me and cared for me even when I made it heavily obvious I wouldn't be taking the throne..." She rubbed her fingers alone the wrinkles of her skirt. Ultimately looking up at him with a loss of her smile. "Were they...different with you?"

Kael brushed his white locks, identical to hers but rather dull in the light. Unsure how to respond he simply looked off to the side.

"Did they not like you...?" Gura asked.

"My circumstances were different." He finally spoke. "I was created in a lab but I wasn't created in the form of a child. To them, I had no need of parenting, the kind of love a mother and father would give to a child. They were sick, it's not like they had the energy to tend to someone like me but...given what I am,"

He stares at his hands then clenches them softly.

"I doubt things would be different if they weren't sick. I never knew love and neither did they feel the need to share it with me..."

Now Gura was left worried on what to say, she was devastated to think, someone who's supposed to be her brother, looking so heartbroken and lost. But she was met with another surprise when he smiled warmly.

"But then I found a different kind of love, one of the first emotions I was deemed capable of."

She could only think of Aphra, it comforted her to some extent knowing that he does infact love her and had someone to confined in.