Chapter: I am

°

°

°

One Week Later...

•••• 🦌🌿 ••••

Home has never felt so dry.

Ever since the girls came back from their vacations, things have become a thick example of a broken abode.
Even our lonely home realm had more livelihood to it.

We heard the story that lead them home which brought upon a strong downcast mood on alot of us. Bae and Mumei acted like they had just lost a favored you while Kronii and IRyS felt inconvenienced at most.

Me? I was worried, of course. I haven't seen Gura this heartbroken before and the beautiful bubbling personality she is, it's a burden that doesn't belong on her.

Then there was Cyrus, out of all the new flesh that have left their prints on humanity, he isn't exactly a soul that stands out, I had met many of his type.

I had always been one to avoid talking to other humans unlike Mumei and IRyS because I shared Kronii's sentiment of unknown consequences. Humans harm the things that help them survive in this world yet this world would just be another empty plain without them.

But him...

I don't know why I engaged with him that night. When I met him at the garden, I was simply supposed to observe the target but I found myself speaking to him.

It must have been because of the state I found him in. A broken heart and an exhausted mind, waiting for a release. I just wanted to help him.

But in the end it helped me see. See what was behind the face of a reputation of blood and money. He's not different from others but I saw promise within him.

So it shouldn't be a mystery as to why the thought of him being out there somewhere and potentially be under threat puts me in unease. This obviously makes our plan more difficult because he's what we were after but our subtly must remain when we're around myth.

I just only hope he comes back safe.

...

...

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow? You can always drop by my streams." I ask the quiet short sea creature sitting next to me.

"Iunno..." She mumbled back.

We've been sitting in the living room in silence for about an hour now. I know she's expecting me to get fed up by the awkward silence and leave but I know she would have done it herself by now. I'm going to wait as much as I have to until I can give her any sort of ease.

"I'd hope you'd keep your schedule loose because there's no way management would let you stream in your state."

"There's nothing wrong with me."

"You know those words mean nothing anymore. You've lied long enough. We're not asking you to keep on working or get over it but you need to consider making an improvement for yourself."

I barely noticed the sudden grip she had on her sleeve. I'm seeing cracks in the walls, I need to keep pushing.

"Do you think you can--"

"Why shouldn't I get over it?!" She yelled. "They were keeping me in a fantasy world for most of my life just so they could get someone to be their next bit seat warmer! THEY WERE READY TO KILL ME FOR NOT BEING WHAT THEY WANTED! WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE ME?!"