Chapter: We are

°

°

°

Myth looked on in awe that the now underwater city. What they came to look for here was now met with more complications as they swam up to said dome.

When Calli went to place her hand on it, to everyone's surprise, it phased through. The dome didn't feel like glass or plastic, or any substance they were familiar with.

"My magic feels distributed here, it's like the dome is some sort of jammer..." Ina looked on, squinting her eyes.

"Then that means it's made up of it's own magic. At least we can go through it,... probably."

Amelia questioned, in hopes that anyone else would like to test this theory of her's. Thankfully, for her sake, Gawr pushed forward and moved through the dome with ease as a rippling outline appeared from where she stepped in.

The others nodded to each other and followed her, once through, they fell yet another considerable height but impacted on firm grassy land, sticking the landing while also catching Ina and Amelia at the right time.

Now they found a more familiar sight, the wall. It wasn't coated with an electrified barrier anymore, it more so looked like it was completely ruined.

Not wasting any time, they easily made their way through this obstacle as well.

Some teleporting through, others jumping over it with like it were a small hurdle.

They were met with the sight of people scoring the streets but not in the way they first saw, they seemed to be salvaging and trying to rebuild.

"It looks like whatever happened was recent...or something that hit pretty hard." Kiara was ready to try and go help.

"There's no time for this. We need to find him." Gawr growled then snapped to Ina.

She understood the assignment and began focusing her thoughts on the traces of energy she felt before.

"Yup, it's coming from the castle, but....it's growing faint."

"Move." Gawr was in no rush to witness the circumstances of the people but she was in a rush.

With a flex of her legs, she shot off down the streets, barely being caught by the eyes of the wandering atlanteans as she made her way to the castle. The girls felt like this was a double chase given this was the third time they were left behind by Gawr. But that led them to realize something as they ran.

"I just noticed...Gura turned to Gawr at will, how?" Kiara asked, soaring through the air with Amelia in her arms.

"Both of them have different sentience but they still are the same person... they've been at odds for so long because they've never wanted to accept each other." Amelia explained. "But now I guess they found a common goal."

"Saving him."

...

...

The guards at the castle gates didn't even have a chance to witness the approaching force and were blasted away, along with the gates that threw themselves open.

Myth forcefully landed in the inner walls of the castle grounds and witnessed somewhat of the similar scene outside, except more organized.

There were stretchers and tents all around the area, medics and maids alike were running around to doctor guards and civilians, but among all of them, Gawr's sharp eyes swayed past and found a familiar face.