Chapter 11. When Your Plans Get Blown Up

Jennie didn't have to yell out that the intruder is Mina

Jennie didn't have to yell out that the intruder is Mina. I recognize that loud, wolf hair wearing girl from the café. After all, I've done my fair share of research on her and the uncle.
That's the only reason why my knife isn’t covered in blood.

Jennie's light footsteps approach from behind me when Mina swats my knife away from her throat. This girl has definitely got some nerve to–

"Get out of my way." She shoves me with both her hands. I stumble a few steps to the side as Mina rushes towards Jennie, enveloping her in a hug.

Did she just fucking push me??

"You okay, Jennie?" Mina asks. Her voice is sweet and soft, compared to the animalistic growl she gave me just a few seconds ago.

Jennie nods. "I knew you'd come, Mina!"

"Sorry to interrupt this reunion." After stashing the knife back into my pocket, I fold my arms across my chest. "Actually, no. I'm not sorry. What the fuck is she doing here?"

They release their hug and Mina steps in front of Jennie, blocking her from my view. Darkness has already settled, but the ambient lighting from the tiny stupid porch lights provides me with a good view of Mina.

She's definitely taller than Jennie by several inches, with the way only the top of Jennie's head is visible behind her shoulders. Mina's bangs cover her eyebrows while her wolf-haircut fits her round face perfectly, much to my dismay.

What stands out to me though, is the clear difference between them. Black cargo pants and steel toe boots adorn the lower part of her body while a beige crop top and a black jacket decorated with sports logos completes her upper look.

"I think it's clear what I'm doing here." Mina gives me another cold glare, her voice turning deeper. "Apparently, Jennie doesn't want to be with a murderer."

"No! That's... that's not the reason!" Jennie stammers.

"Oh yeah? What was the reason then?" I take a few steps towards them and frown when Mina grabs Jennie's hand.

"I... I just thought we could use Mina for help."

"You thought that?" Mina and I speak at the same time. We exchange cold looks before returning our attention to Jennie.

"Yeah..." Jennie glances between us nervously.

"So you just what, talked to her in some secret code while I gave you the fucking chance to call someone?" I snap. "I knew you would do something like this!"

Mina gives me a piercing stare. "Hey, don't you talk to her like that!"

"Don't talk to her like what?" I scoff.

"Like she's someone you can freaking own!" Mina releases her hold on Jennie and stomps towards me until she's only several feet away.

"Oh yeah? Well guess what, she is mine. Mine to fucking protect, so get your fucking face away from me." I shove Mina.