chapter 12

This was where Yueting had been born; of course, she had only ever heard about this place since she never actually had to go to the hospital herself

This was where Yueting had been born; of course, she had only ever heard about this place since she never actually had to go to the hospital herself. "See? This is you," Meiyang points at a baby, the baby was quite ugly. "Now, you might think this part is unnecessary, but look at the baby carefully," Meiyang insists. 

Yueting hadn't noticed, but the baby looked nothing like her. Of course, you couldn't expect a baby to instantly look like you, but the baby had both a different eye color and a different hair color. The hair was short, so it wasn't that easy to tell the color, but it definitely wasn't black. It was a rather light shade of brown. Not only that, but the eyes were a light blue. Even if Yueting had blue eyes when she was born, she'd still have a little bit of the blue in her eyes. Yet she had dark brown eyes, with not a speck of blue.

"That baby is not you, yet it is your parents," Meiyang remarks.

"What are you trying to tell me?" Yueting asks.

"That this baby isn't you," Meiyang clarifies.

"So, I have a sibling?" Yueting inquires, visibly confused.

"No," Meiyang responds.

"So?" Yueting presses, trying to figure out what Meiyang meant. But that is when it hits her. That baby wasn't her, but it also wasn't her sibling. It was supposed to be her parents' child.

"It's so ugly," Yueting's mother remarks. "I must agree, this is a disgrace of a daughter," Yueting's father adds.

"Give us a different one," Yueting's mother demands of the nurse.

"I'm sorry, miss, but I cannot do that," the nurse answers, obviously aware that she would lose her job.

Taking out a big chunk of money, Yueting's father asks the nurse, "Will this be enough?"

"Yes, sir, of course. I will bring you the best baby," the nurse answers.

Yueting had some slight understanding, considering the nurse seemed like she really needed the money. But even so, changing children was a serious crime.

Not too long after, the nurse comes in with a different child, Yueting. "It seems you recognize the situation, Yue," Meiyang remarks. The baby brought in was Yueting. Not to praise herself, but the baby was considerably more beautiful than the other one. With beautiful black hair, despite being very young, and dark brown eyes shining golden in the light. Though something easily noticeable was the beautiful necklace the baby wore, identical to the one the system bore. "Now that you've taken this in, let us continue," Meiyang suggests.

As the room changes once again, the two of them land in a children's room. Knocking down the door, a young girl runs inside happily, with her new toys in her hand. "Sysy, look what Mommy and Daddy bought me!" the young girl happily exclaims, though there was no one else in the room.

"Can she see us?" Yueting asks.

"No, she's talking to someone else," Meiyang responds.

"Sysy?" the young girl says. After that, a system-like window opens.