Chapter 15

Standing still, Zhang Wei spoke, "I knew you were strong, but no one else could evade my attacks like that before

Standing still, Zhang Wei spoke, "I knew you were strong, but no one else could evade my attacks like that before."

"Is that so?" Yueting asks mockingly. She couldn't call him insane yet; she hadn't seen much from him so far.

It seemed as if his bloodlust kept rising, as both the residents and Meiyang stared, unable to do anything. "You shouldn't anger him," Meiyang remarks, seemingly worried. "You can't kill me," Yueting asserts, waiting a moment before continuing. "I'm the so-called hero, and I'm here to rectify the mistakes of your parents' creation." Yueting steps forward. "Regardless of whether you cooperate or not, it will be your loss," Yueting adds, this time waiting for Zhang Wei's response. His response was laughter. "Do you think you can change me?" he exclaims, now clearly on the verge of insanity. "I don't," Yueting retorts, catching everyone off guard.

Even Zhang Wei crept back into his previous position, staring at Yueting, waiting for clarification. "I won't be the one changing you; it will be you yourself. Though if you don't cooperate, then I will just have to find a new king," Yueting stated. Somehow, with every word Yueting uttered, the residents, Meiyang, and Zhang Wei became more shocked. Her claims were crazy compared to those of the emperor himself. If the emperor was insane, then Yueting was even worse in their eyes. Not only had she challenged him, but she also dared to tell him to correct himself.

"Don't mistake my words; I'm not your enemy. To be correct, you haven't yet done anything to make me your enemy," Yueting states, her words sincere as she stops walking towards him. She was close to him yet still a few steps away. Laughing, Zhang Wei speaks, "You went through all that just to say I'm not your enemy? Something's seriously wrong with you," he says, laughing.

As he began laughing, the bad atmosphere instantly cleared. Just a second ago, he was acting like a weirdo, but now he's acting normal-ish again? His personality changes were crazy. What if this was some type of schizophrenic thing? "Why not worry about this tomorrow?" Zhang Wei suggests, wanting to sigh again but trying not to. Yueting agrees.

Meiyang used to hate it when Yueting sighed, as it seemed very judgmental.

Yueting was allowed to sleep in one of the castle rooms, which seemed very generous considering how rude she was. The next morning, she gets thrown out of her bed.

⌞ALARM⌝

⌞CULTIVATOR WORLD UNDER ATTACK⌝

Jumping out of bed, she notices the notification and frantically tries to figure out what happened. "What happened??" she asks the system.

⌞System message: The demon realm attacked the cultivator clan, claiming he has the hero on his side and is there to preserve justice.⌝

"HUUUH?" Yueting says, quickly clothing herself. Taking out her swords, she remembered something: people in Chinese novels could fly on their swords. "Is it quicker to fly on my sword?" Yueting asks the system.