chapter 11

"Ah, yes, sorry

"Ah, yes, sorry. I must've been tired," Yueting remarks as she sits up. She still couldn't figure out what kind of dream that was; it seemed so realistic, yet now she was back in the forest.

"You took very long to wake up, so we already prepared breakfast," Zhang Wei mentions as he hands Yueting a bowl of soup. "We wanted to get something else, but this should be fine too," he adds.

"It's alright," Yueting reassures as she begins eating. "Are you sure nothing happened?" Zhang Wei inquires.

"Not that I know," Yueting responds. Zhang Wei has been acting weird. Not only has he said and asked weird stuff the day before, but he also keeps posing questions about Yueting's sleep, as if he knew something.

Mounting the horse, Yueting noticed both Meiyang and Zhang Wei looking at her strangely, not just once but multiple times. Feeling exhausted from all the staring, Yueting asks, "What?"

After she speaks, Meiyang and Zhang Wei seem rather shocked. Turning to look at Zhang Wei, Meiyang doesn't say anything. "Ehem," Zhang Wei clears his throat.

"Hm?" Yueting responds, at this point they were simply exchanging looks. Sighing, Meiyang begins to speak, "You know..."

"I know?" Yueting prompts.

"You were practically screaming and moaning in pain during your sleep," Meiyang finishes her sentence.

Yueting couldn't respond. "During your sleep, a black aura built itself around you," Zhang Wei adds.

"And that means?" Yueting inquires as they gallop out of the forest, with a city visible in the distance from their vantage point on the mountain.

"How do you not know anything about dark auras despite going to the demon realm?" Zhang Wei asks, slightly shocked.

"It didn't seem that important to know," Yueting responds. Learning about worlds when visiting was unnecessary. She only needed to grasp the basics of the multiverse, fighting, and surviving.

Sighing, Zhang Wei responds as if he's already tired of Yueting's answers. "A dark aura technically means you're a dark entity such as a demon, though your dark aura could be that of a god of darkness," he explains.

"Yeah, and if your aura shows while you're sleeping, it usually means you're getting in contact with demons or the other way around," Meiyang adds, finishing what Zhang Wei wanted to say.

"So that's why you kept asking questions?" Yueting remarks.

"Yeah, but that's totally not because we were worried. After all, you're not important," Meiyang says. Sometimes Yueting couldn't tell whether Meiyang was being a tsundere or just hated her like in the other two worlds.

"So?" Zhang Wei remarks.

"I'm not a dark entity, nor was I trying to get in contact with one," Yueting responds.