~ (19) "𝕷𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝕹𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝕾𝖜𝖎𝖒"

You and Sodo, excited for a refreshing late-night swim in the pool, decided to change into more comfortable clothes. After exchanging a quick glance, you both headed to each other's rooms to get ready. Entering the familiar space of Swiss and your shared hotel room, you closed the door behind you, ready to transform for the evening adventure.

Digging through your stuff, you grabbed an extra shirt and a pair of shorts, opting for a casual and relaxed look. The act of putting your hair up in a ponytail brought back nostalgic memories as you recalled the last time you styled it that way. It felt somewhat strange yet oddly comforting, like rediscovering a forgotten part of yourself. Completing your outfit, you picked up a fluffy towel from the bathroom, feeling its softness against your skin as you wrapped it around your shoulders.

With everything you needed in hand, you left the room and made your way to the hotel's pool entrance. Standing there, you caught a glimpse of Sodo approaching, a smile of anticipation on both your faces. The night was young, but the promise of a relaxing swim under the moonlight filled you with excitement and a sense of calm.

As Sodo, with his long hair styled in a low ponytail, approached where you stood near the entrance to the hotel pool, your eyes couldn't help but notice his attire - red boxers and no shirt, revealing his lean frame.

Trying your best to avert your gaze, you found it challenging as he playfully teased you, a mischievous glint in his eyes,
"Like what you see or something?"
Your cheeks warmed with a blush, and you retorted with a mixture of embarrassment and amusement,
"Oh, stop it and let's just get swimming already!" Contemplating the idea briefly, you pondered aloud,
"Do you think we should invite the other ghouls to join us?" Sodo's curiosity mirrored in his question, to which you replied with a dismissive wave, "Nah, they'll be fine on their own."

With that, you pushed open the door to the pool area, greeted by the nighttime sky overhead, eagerly anticipating a refreshing late-night swim to unwind.

As you casually placed your towel on one of the wooden benches by the poolside, you turned around to meet Sodo's mischievous gaze. Suddenly, a flash of movement caught your eye, and before you could react, a towel came hurtling towards your face.

"HEYY!"
you exclaimed in mock outrage, directing your playful scolding towards him. Without missing a beat, Sodo darted off and executed a perfect cannonball dive, sending droplets of water cascading towards you. Emerging from the pool with a gleeful grin, he couldn't contain his laughter as he watched your eye-rolling reaction.
"Dumbass,"
you teased lightheartedly, your fondness for his antics evident in your tone.

In a swift turn of events, you decided to retaliate by dashing into the pool, splashing water in his direction as payback. The playful banter continued as you faced each other in the cool embrace of the water. As his laughter filled the air, a mischievous growl escaped Sodo's lips, signaling his next move.

With a sudden tug, he pulled you underwater, igniting a flurry of bubbles and laughter. Amidst the playful chaos, you kicked your legs, a mix of laughter and friendly competition driving your movements. Your attempts to break free from his grasp only added to the joyous commotion, as both of you reveled in the shared moment of carefree fun and camaraderie.

You then managed to free yourself from Sodo's firm grasp, deftly pulling him beneath the surface, your laughter ringing out as he initiated a playful water duel with you in the refreshing pool.

"You know for a fire ghoul, you seem to really like swimming in the water huh?"
you quipped between chuckles.
"Cmon, you expect me to not like swimming just because I'm a fire ghoul? "
he teased back, his eyes sparking with mischief.

"I can't help but wonder,"
he mused,
"...what kind of ghoul you'll be when the full moon arrives and you finally get your horns after all this time."
Your mind swirled with curious anticipation, pondering the enigmatic nature of your potential ghoulish transformation.