~ (13) "𝕿𝖆𝖑𝖐?"

As you made your way down the hallway towards Swiss's room in the ministry, the echo of your footsteps reverberated, adding a solemn rhythm to the otherwise lively atmosphere. You passed by the main room where the ghouls were immersed in various activities, their laughter and conversations creating a cheerful backdrop that contrasted with the anticipation building within you.

Upon arriving at Swiss's door, your hand trembled slightly as you nervously knocked, the sound echoing in the corridor. Time seemed to stretch as you waited for a response, catching muffled snippets of the ghouls' merriment behind closed doors. Eventually, the door swung open, revealing Swiss with a subtle smile that eased some of your apprehension as you stepped inside.

Swiss closed the door with a soft click, his gaze shifting towards you as he hesitated before voicing his thoughts. "I don't know any other way to say this, but it feels like you have been avoiding me possibly?" His words held a mixture of concern and uncertainty. "Did something I do upset you, or was it when we, well, woke up next to each other that night you stayed in my room?" A brief pause followed before he added, "I'm truly sorry about that."

As his confession weighed on you, a rush of guilt flooded your heart, prompting you to acknowledge your actions. "I have been avoiding you, but it's not out of anger or frustration. I simply didn't want things to become awkward between us. I was at a loss for how to handle the situation." Your words carried a tinge of regret as you sought to explain your perspective. "Im sorry."

Swiss's soft smile in response hinted at his understanding and acceptance of your explanation. "It's alright, I understand, it was unexpected. Sometimes things happen beyond our control," he reassured, taking a step closer to you. Your own smile mirrored his, a sense of relief washing over you.

"To be entirely honest, I agree it caught me off guard. But.. There was a strange sense of comfort in that moment," you confessed after a moment of contemplation. "It was surprisingly pleasant, almost cozy even," you concluded, reflecting on the surprising warmth that had enveloped you despite the initial unease.

Swiss's mischievous grin grew wider as he inched even closer to you, his playful tone adding a tease to his words. "Oh? So are you trying to say that I'm good at cuddling or something?" His proximity was emphasized by his tall stature, causing you to playfully nudge him away as a reaction to how close he had gotten.

The soft hue of a blush painted your cheeks as you offered a playful rebuttal. "Oh, stop it," you responded to him, your response only leading to more laughter from Swiss, who relished in your reaction. Despite the initial embarrassment, you couldn't help but feel relieved that the two of you were reconnecting.

As the minutes turned into a comfortable stretch of time, the atmosphere in Swiss's room shifted from awkwardness to one of shared laughter and deep conversations. It was clear that the barriers between you had come down, leading to a genuine bonding experience that both of you cherished.

"Also, I hope I didn't call you earlier in the middle of something important," Swiss spoke, his voice carrying a touch of concern. "Nahh... I was just finishing up practicing with Sodo. He was helping me with vocals as he played," you replied with a reassuring smile, the memory of your practice session bringing a grin to your face.

"Oh, I see. You know you could have practiced with me too," Swiss whined teasingly, a hint of playful jealousy evident in his tone, which you found quite amusing. "Aww, is the poor baby jealous?" you countered, a laugh bubbling up as you teased him. "Shut it!" Swiss retorted, attempting to mask his embarrassment with a feigned sternness, but you could see through his facade and couldn't resist laughing at his reaction.

"Oh, it's getting a little late, maybe you should get going?" Swiss suggested tentatively, a hint of curiosity in his voice as he glanced at the time. Checking the clock on your phone, you pondered for a moment before an idea struck you. "Actually, you know what... I was wondering if maybe I could stay the night in your room again?" you proposed, your request tinged with a mix of shyness and hope. "That is, if you don't mind it, of course."

"Oh! Yeah, I don't mind at all," Swiss replied eagerly, his expression lighting up with a genuine smile at your request. Returning his smile, you expressed your gratitude, "Let me just go across the hallway to my room and get my charger real quick." "Okay then," Swiss acknowledged, his agreement underscoring his willingness to accommodate your stay as you excused yourself and made your way out of his room to retrieve your charger from your own room just across the hallway.

After a bit, you came back into the room with your charger in hand, finding Swiss already settled in his bed. "Oh, I can plug in your charger for you if you'd like," Swiss kindly offered as you handed over the cable. Gratefully accepting his offer, you watched as Swiss connected the charger, while you busied yourself plugging your phone into the cable.

Taking a moment to glance back up at you, Swiss inquired, "Would you be comfortable sharing the bed for the night, or should I find another place to rest, like the floor or the chair?" Considering his suggestion, you responded, "No, I'm fine to share the bed this time, thank you." Wanting to ensure your comfort, Swiss double-checked, "Are you sure, sure you're okay with this?" Reassuringly, you confirmed, "Yes, please don't worry about it, I'm sure."

Swiss nodded in agreement as you both settled into the warmth of the bed, the soft blankets cocooning you in a serene embrace. The silence between you stretched for what seemed like an eternity, each breath a gentle reminder of the tranquility surrounding you. In the hush of the night, a bold impulse stirred within you, prompting you to turn towards Swiss, seeking solace in his familiar presence.

As you reached out to him, your arms encircling his frame, a playful spark ignited in Swiss' eyes as he quipped, "Am I that comfortable to sleep with now?" His teasing tone infused the air with a lighthearted charm, to which you responded in kind, a smile dancing on your lips.

"Maybe you are," you jested, the warmth of his closeness lulling you into a blissful calm. Nestled together in the quietude, Swiss tenderly draped his arm over you, his words a gentle caress against the stillness of the night.

"What ever you say sweetheart.. What ever you say. " he murmured softly, "I am here, always." And with that whispered pledge, the tranquility of sleep enveloped you and Swiss, cradling you in a sense of security and contentment