Chapter 27: Moving Forward

Start from the beginning

"S-Shion...please..." You didn't know how to react as you had an awkward smile on your face.

"Just like Benimaru said..." You heard someone speak up as your mother walked over with a relieved smile on her face. "...Things like this can always get fixed up, but as long as we can stay together, that's the important thing." She said as you stared at her in awe for a moment until...

"Huh? Who are you?" You asked in a perplexed and confused tone as Malenia grew irked and instantly a hand was pulling on your ear as you were screaming in pain.

"Ya don't even recognize yer' own mother, huh?! Little brat!!" Malenia yelled in an angered face while yanking on your ear.

"OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! OWWW!!!! ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! I'M SORRY!!" You apologized as she let go of your ear and you hid behind Rimuru with a tearful face as he had an awkward smile from what he just saw.

"Ahaha...I guess mother's in either world are the same..." Rimuru said with an awkward laugh before hearing noises coming from the street behind them and looking to see everyone had come back.

"Great Rimuru..." Souei walked up while looking at the damage to the area, but he and everyone else grew shocked when their eyes landed upon you. "Could it be...?" He looked to Rimuru for confirmation, and once he received a nod with a smile while he nudged you to stand up, everyone instantly fell to one knee with their heads bowed.

"Welcome back, Great Y/N!" They all proclaimed your return as you were surprised, but felt grateful for loyalty to you.

"Thank you, everyone. I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused you all." You said as Shuna walked up to you and took your hand gently into hers.

"There's no need for you to apologize. Everyone understands that something went wrong somewhere, but we're all just glad you're back here with us." Shuna said as she looked up at you with gentle eyes. "No matter what happens or what you may go through, we will all be here for you, Great Y/N." She said reassuringly as you smiled and patted her on the head.

"Thank you, Shuna..." You said to her before looking to everyone else. "Thank you, everyone." You thanked them once again as Rimuru walked up next to you and throw his arm around you and pull you down a bit to his level.

"All right! I know the place is a little banged up, but we still have a lot of the banquet still standing! Let's get Y/N a drink and pick up where we left off, right?" Rimuru called out as everyone cheered in excitement.

"Yeah!!!!!" The roar from your people echoed through the night.

As everyone quickly went back into party mode as drinks were handed around and Rimuru brought you up where he was previously giving a speech before that whole incident occurred. You were brought a black cloak to cover you up for the meantime as you and Rimuru held mugs of nice, alcoholic drinks and Rimuru was ready to repeat what he was saying before. 

"Everyone, we've been through some pretty tough times, even just up until now, but for today, you can eat, drink and forget about all of it!" Rimuru exclaimed as he wrapped an arm up and over you again as he lifted his mug high in the air. "Let's just be glad we're still all alive!" He proclaimed as everyone broke out into cheers and the festivities for the night had finally begun.

The streets of Tempest that weren't broken from any fighting were filled with laughter and joy as all your people and allies that were there with you enjoyed drinks, food, and quality time with one another. That evening as time went on turned into a wild party that could be equivalent to a festival as everyone was overjoyed of being brought back to life and reunited with their loved ones and fellow people of this nation. You would bounce around having laughs with everyone as different show spectacles were occurring at the same time, and you took in the atmosphere and love of your people as you couldn't stop smiling the entire night. You had finished listening to one of Malenia and Veldora's wild stories that they were telling kids and other interested listeners, and walked off while taking a swig of your drink before stumbling upon something that changed your smile into a look of shock and horror. Over to the side that was away from the main party, you found Benimaru and Rimuru sat at a table together with extremely nervous looks while Shion stood in front of them with a joyful smile on her face, cooking in a massive pot that oozed a purple color with strange steam coming out in the form of haunted faces.