Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Ch. 7: A New Deal

I woke up surrounded by the comfort of the soft sheets. Guided by habit I stretched my arm in search of Faustina and once my hand came into contact with her body, I relaxed.

The mattress shifted as I sat up, rubbing my eyes. My body felt relaxed as if the concerns that persecuted me had moved away during the night.

I must have slept like a baby. Maybe it was the power of an extra comfortable bed.

But I didn't sleep in the bed.

Last night images attacked my mind like a whirlpool, they turned around my head reminding me of the black wolf, his crying, and how I fell asleep with him on my legs.

Was it all real or was it a dream?

The tingling that traveled through my body when thinking about him told me that it was real. I could still recall the warmth that covered me at that moment. It was a new feeling for me, a feeling that made me yearn for more.

The real puzzle was how I had gotten into bed. Only one response emerged: Almec brought me back to the room. That meant that at some point during the night he regained power over the wolf and realized that he was sleeping on my legs. Then he shifted back into his human form and carried me to the bed while I was sleeping.

Why do these things happen to me?

I broke one of his rules and also treated his wolf like he was a pet. Almec must have been angry with me. And living together there was no way I could escape him forever.

To prepare for what was to come, I began to rehearse my apologies in my mind as I got out of bed and got ready to start my day. They all sounded like bad excuses, a part of me refused to accept that I had done anything wrong, after all his wolf sounded like he was about to die, I couldn't let him suffer so much.

"Princesa, it's time to get up or we're going to miss breakfast," I said to Faustina, gently shaking her shoulder.

"What is for breakfast?" She asked without even opening her eyes.

"I don't know, we'll find out when we get down to the kitchen. I bet they must have pancakes."

The magic word made my sister bolt out of bed and run to the bathroom to get ready, it didn't matter the situation every time I mentioned pancakes she jumped into action. A few minutes later she was ready to leave the room.

It took us several tries to find the kitchen, the mansion was very large and Almec had not given us a tour last night. When we finally set foot in the room, Faustina let out a cry of excitement.

I was right, there were pancakes. A pile of them, to be exact, was waiting on the marble island.

The two people present in the room turned after they heard the scream. One of them, who I assumed was the cook because of the apron he was wearing and the flour stain on his wide nose, approached us.

"You must be the new misses. I'm Demian, the handsome chef," he said, scratching his shaved blonde beard. "It's always a pleasure to see someone so happy about my food. You can help yourself to whatever you want."

"Really?" Faustina asked, flapping her hands in excitement.

"Of course. Khalia can show you where the cutlery is." The cook pointed to the young woman who was next to him.

"I'll get them for you." She took two plates, forks, and knives from the wooden shelf and placed them on the table. "There you go. The glasses are on the cabinet to your right."

"Thank you," my sister and I responded at the same time.

Faustina helped herself to her food while I grabbed the glasses. She took the first bite immediately and made a happy dance after swallowing.