Strangely, he liked it.

And so did Yeonjun and Beomgyu, when they finally woke up and were in urgent need of a hangover breakfast. So, being the good friend he was, Soobin bought them their favorite meals off a local breakfast restaurant that was a little down the street (they also do delivery which was perfect as they didn't want to get out of the house yet) and watched them gobble it down with satisfaction. Soobin meanwhile had ordered some pancakes with sausage and a cup of orange juice for himself.

"If I could have this breakfast every morning after a hangover, I'd drink more often," Beomgyu joked around.

"And then have alcohol poisoning and addiction?" Yeonjun asked with raised brows.

"Hmm... no I guess?"

"That's what I thought."

"Plans for today?" Soobin asked before Beomgyu could fight back.

And it worked, cuz he immediately switched topics (and attitude).

"Well, I obviously have class, and then I have a hangout with a friend."

"Is it Heeseung or Jeongin?" Yeonjun asked.

"Nah, someone else."

Beomgyu bit down hard on his food, mentally cursing for not being so slick about it (at least his eyes popping wide could be excused, his eyes for some reason always became wider whenever he took a bite out of his food).

Great, dang it, now they'll ask questions.

Soobin raised a brow.

"Someone else?"

"Yeah. Now eat; doesn't the café open in an hour?"

Phew, gonna save myself with this one.

"Oh shit right!"

After the trio ate their breakfast away to the last crumb and got ready for the day (Soobin had some of their clothes in his closet for emergencies such as this, such bestie goals), they split their ways.

Yeonjun and Soobin dropped Beomgyu off at his university after giving him a ride, before heading for work at the Blue Hour Café, just in time to let in a bunch of their crew in.

It was Friday, and out of the whole week, Soobin had the longest shift today; he was working until the very last hour, which was 10pm. He tied his apron over his plain uniform and got to work.

The day went by just like any other day would.

Soobin either wrote down the customers' orders and brought them to their table after they were finished, helped to cook in the kitchen, or washed all the dishes from the morning .

There were also a handful of new applicants coming in today hoping to secure a position in the staff. It was Soobin's task guide and teach them how to properly take orders, how to use the stoves, and show them their way around the café. Thankfully one of his coworkers took care of that later on and he could breathe a little better, but boy oh boy he was not looking forward to looking through all the profiles later in the day.

Currently, Soobin was at the cash register, typing in the total cost of the last order and giving the receipt to the person.

"Thank you for stay at the Blue Hour Café," he said.

"No, thank you for the food. You really have the best menu in town, my family and I love, no, adore eating here," the customer responded.

Soobin smiled and bowed his head in gratitude.

"Thank you sir."

He left, and then another customer came in right after him.

"Hello may I—"