Chapter 18

🎶: 'Secret Love Song' by Little Mix

Taehyun arrived at his doorstep with Soobin, still holding hands as he unlocked the door.

"Well uh... I'll see you tomorrow?" Taehyun asked.

"If you have time, we don't have school tomorrow; it's Saturday," Soobin smiled.

"O-Oh uh..."

Taehyun felt his checks coloring red again out of embarrassment.

"R-Right..."

Soobin chuckled.

And then he pressed his lips onto Taehyun's forehead, giving him a little peck.

Taehyun looked at him with bewildered eyes as Soobin peered back at him with a gentle smile, large hand cupping his left check.

"Sleep well my Tyun."

And that once again sent Taehyun running a deep red.

"You too Soobinie."

Soobin smiled at him again as they let go of their hands, slowly retreating backwards before heading home.

Taehyun stood there, hand curled into a small fist as he buried it into his mouth, suppressing a loud high pitched squeal of happiness.

OH MY GOD?!?? WHAT JUST HAPPENED EEEEEEEEE!!!!

Not wanting to annoy his neighbors too much, Taehyun entered his apartment and locked the door behind him, ready to cheer and scream because of what just happened, buuuut then he remembered that... his mom was around.

"Taehyun? Are you back?"

Right on cue.

"Y-Yeah!"

Ahyeon came out from Lia and Yuna's room, closing the door behind her.

"Where were you; you usually come home earlier on Fridays."

Ahyeon thankfully didn't sound too mad or worried; she had been too occupied looking at the recent medical records of her daughters and having to make long phone calls with their expiring health insurance that was failing to cover the expenses.

Typical things that she needs to deal with.

Taehyun gulped.

Oh boy. This is where it starts.

"Umm Mom?"

"Yes?"

"I uh... I kinda have news."

"Oh really?"

Ahyeon sat down with him on the couch, and Taehyun nervously folded his hands together, tapping is foot against the ground.

And a mother's eye always catches everything, so when Ahyeon saw that Taehyun was nervous, she patted his thigh with her hand and a smile.

"Taehyun?"