Chapter 36

A/N: And here is where it begins. Have fun lovelies 🫠👍

⚠️WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS TRIGGERING MATERIAL⚠️

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-..-.-.

The night was incredibly busy, with so many couples coming in and out for their meals. Taehyun and Yeonjun were the ones running around the most, serving one drink there, the next one here, while Yeji alongside many other coworkers were now taking care of the food preparations.

Indeed, it was a Happy Hour for the business.

Not so much for the workers who were having the workout of their lives being quick on their feet.

But finally, after a stressful and eventful two hours, the two close friends had a break.

Yeonjun noticed that Taehyun seemed really tired, and kept stumbling around. And he wasn't the only one, for soon enough, their boss called him into his office in the back rooms of the restaurant. When Taehyun came back out, he looked very happy as he was taking off his apron and cap.

"I can go home early!" he grinned.

"That's good for you," Yeonjun smiled in return.

His smile dropped.

"Wait, but Soobin wanted to pick me up in an hour to bring me home. How will I tell him not to come?"

"Give him a call?"

"My phone died, and I don't know his number by heart."

Which for once was not a lie; Taehyun's phone did run out of juice, and he couldn't exactly ask for a charger for a Nokia model; who would still carry one around aside from himself.

"Wow, you don't?" Yeonjun teased, referring to Soobin's number.

Taehyun glared at him with a pout.

"Sorry," Yeonjun chuckled. "I'll tell him when he comes."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll understand."

"You're right. Yay, thanks Hyung!"

Yeonjun tousled his hair.

"Get home safely and take a good rest, you worked very hard!"

"Thank you, you too once it's time!" Taehyun said before exiting the café with a cheerful smile.

Yeah, once it's finally over, my feet are killing me.

But as it turns out, Yeonjun would not have to wait very long. The owner, Kwon Intak (A/N: smh I just realized I never gave him a name) had to close the café early, because believe it or not, the café ran completely out of food because of all the orders.

So that would take a bit of restocking, meaning the café will be closed until further notice.

Most of the workers went home after that, including Yeji as she was invited to an all-girls party by her friends. Only Intak and Yeonjun were still around, and the older male was currently calling someone on the phone.

"... I'm sorry honey, it'll still take a while. I promise I saved some of the cake!" Intak tried to console his wife.

Yeonjun chuckled.

"I can clean up by myself, don't worry," he offered, already putting the broom aside to grab the mop.

"Are you sure? You work so long here all the time, live a little."