Chapter 69 Because of fear

Mulai dari awal

Not only did Emperor Chengxuan think so, but the people also had doubts. The downfall of the loyal family started with the refugee crisis, which was fuelled by the disaster case, and finally they were falsely accused of collaborating with the enemy and committing treason——

Xie Miao eyes congealed and she sneered: In this new life, they shouldn't even think of repeating their old tricks again.

She dried the letter, neatly folded it and put it in the drawer. She was planning to ask Fu Lu to deliver the letter tomorrow. Fu Lu happened to come in and said to her: "Miss, I just received news from Huichun Hall. Doctor Qiu said that the red ginseng you wanted is available and asked you to get it as soon as possible."

Doctor Qiu was the doctor who pestered Madam Zou about "Taizhou Acupuncture" at the door of Baochang Pavilion last time. Before leaving Baochang Pavilion that day, Xie Miao asked him to find an older red ginseng plant.

Xie Miao thought of Madam Zou and Cong'er, and wondered whether they could escape capture in this life...

Fu Lu mistakenly thought she didn't hear it and asked patiently: "Miss, the old red ginseng you requested has arrived. When should we go to Huichun Hall to pick it up?"

Old red ginseng is a medicinal material arranged by Xie Miao in preparation for Madam Xie's childbirth. Whether it is used or not is another matter. Anyhow, it is the niece's expression of affection.

Xie Miao had nothing to do, so she said: "Prepare the carriage and go now."

The master and servant went to Huichun Hall. Doctor Qiu's apprentice was picking up medicinal materials behind the counter. When he saw them, he hurriedly said: "Miss Xie, you are finally here. The red ginseng you want is at the back. Please follow me..."

Xie Miao did not doubt him and followed the person inside.

The apprentice led Xie Miao to a room in the back hall and shouted softly: "Master, Miss Xie is here!"

There were footsteps in the room, and Doctor Qiu opened the door with a slightly uneasy look on his face, "Miss Xie."

Xie Miao smiled and said, "Doctor Qiu."

Doctor Qiu tried his best to stay calm, but his eyes flashed with urgency, "Come in quickly, the red ginseng is in the room."

Little did she know that as soon as Xie Miao stepped into the room, Doctor Qiu immediately opened the door and left the room. At the same time, the curtain of the side room was lifted——

"Miss Xie!"

Although the visitor was disguised, she could still tell her original appearance. She turned out to be Lu Xianghe!

Xie Miao's eyes widened and she said in disbelief: "Madam Zou, you, why are you here?"

Lu Xianghe looked haggard and said with a wry smile: "Miss Xie, I'm sorry. There are wanted notices for me and Cong'er outside. I have no other choice but to ask Doctor Qiu to trick you here."

Xie Miao slowly frowned, "Madam Zou, what is your intention?"

Lu Xianghe knelt down directly towards her and said: "My husband, Zou Yuandao, was originally a military hero who protected his family and country, and was an upright military hero. However, because he participated in the disaster relief mission eight years ago, he not only lost his legs, but is also slandered as a villain who is motivated by profit and harms his colleagues! Miss Xie, my husband is wronged!"

Hearing this, Xie Miao said calmly: "Madam Zou, the Emperor has told the world that the Ministry of Justice has made a very clear investigation. The evidence of General Zou's crime is conclusive and he deserves to die."