Chapter 9

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈ ◦•◦❥•◦ ┈┈┈┈┈┈╮
The Soulless Boy
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈ ◦•◦❥•◦ ┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝚈𝚞𝚔𝚒 𝙺𝚊𝚓𝚒𝚞𝚛𝚊0:09 ─❍────────── -3:14↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺

𝚈𝚞𝚔𝚒 𝙺𝚊𝚓𝚒𝚞𝚛𝚊
0:09 ─❍────────── -3:14
↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺

°•❀•°❀°•❀•°

Making their way to the main doors of the residence's garden, Inanna saw a worried and unhappy Lucy with hands against her slender waist, standing a few yards away.

The girl could only let out a nervous laugh and scratch the back of her head from the earful scolding she'd hear any minute.

"My Lady, did you enjoy your short trip around the garden?"

Lucy asked with a straight smile, but Inanna knew better than to think any less of Lucy's harmless question.

Clearly, she wasn't happy about the situation.

"Lucy, you see..."

Inanna nervously began to utter, but stopped mid sentence to think of what excuse she could use to lessen Lucy's anger as she heard her steps getting close.

To her surprise, Lucy hugged her and cradled her back as she let out a deep sigh.

"I'm just glad you're okay, My Lady."

Inanna's heart wavered and almost sank at hearing Lucy's words and the relief she expressed seeing she was okay.

"I'm sorry, Lucy."

The scarlet-haired girl whispered in guilt as she leaned over the woman's comforting and warm embrace, feeling deeply remorseful for her reckless and inconsiderate actions.

The brown-haired woman simply smiled and continued holding her small structure. Shortly, she separated herself from the small girl as she looked over at the thin boy.

It merely took a simple glance to understand that the boy was malnourished and horribly mistreated before his arrival.

His body was pure skin and bones, with zero trace of fat or muscle. Various bruises were visible on every part of his tiny body that some looked infected.

His hygiene wasn't good either.

Overall, an appearance of never having a proper meal, a warm bath, and being genuinely taken care of before.