Chapter 4

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈ ◦•◦❥•◦ ┈┈┈┈┈┈╮
Determination
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈ ◦•◦❥•◦ ┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

𝑷𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝑷𝒊𝒑𝒆𝒓𝙱𝚃𝚂0:09 ─❍────────── -3:14↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺

𝑷𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝑷𝒊𝒑𝒆𝒓
𝙱𝚃𝚂
0:09 ─❍────────── -3:14
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

°•❀•°❀°•❀•°

A young girl with shiny and silky scarlet hair stood frozen in the spot as she stared off into space and tried calming her wavering thoughts.

'I mustn't shed tears. I have to be strong. It's all in the past now. They're alive now. They're alive and healthy.'

Inanna thought as she encouraged herself not to be in tears from the meager sight of seeing her beloved father once more.

However, it was hard not to tear up slightly as she stood in front of her father, the Duke's, office.

As a child, it was a rare thing for Inanna to enter her father's quarters. In the past, she never felt the need to pay her father a visit because she never had a significant reason to. She would only greet him when it was family time or if he paid her a short visit.

Her brother Agnes was the only child to visit their father because he was to inherit the Duke's position soon. Of course, besides her older sister Judith, who only paid a visit on account of her discussion about her engagement with Caspian Larkspur.

Shortly, a woman's voice made itself known to the frigid young girl.

"Don't worry, I'll be here whenever you need me, My Lady."

Lucy, her maid and nanny, spoke in a soft reassuring statement as she smiled calmly behind her, not minding or questioning the girl before her throughout the entire thirty-minutes of their arrival.

"Yes, thank you, Lucy."

Inanna thanked with a warm smile—once more gaining her optimism prior to her arrival. This time, she straightened her back with a confident posture and took a deep breath before entering the Duke's quarters.

'You can do this, Inanna.'

* * *

"Inanna, what brings you here so early in the morning? Is everything alright?"

A man's rich and powerful voice asked at the young and lovely girl before him. That being his precious second daughter of the three children his wife bared.