Chapter 5

╭┈┈┈┈┈┈ ◦•◦❥•◦ ┈┈┈┈┈┈╮
The Visit
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈ ◦•◦❥•◦ ┈┈┈┈┈┈╯

𝑴𝒚 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅𝙴𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐0:09 ─❍────────── -3:14↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺

𝑴𝒚 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅
𝙴𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
0:09 ─❍────────── -3:14
↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺

°•❀•°❀°•❀•°

As the scarlet-haired girl sighed, she took a deep breath to compose herself before going outside the office. Precisely so Lucy wouldn't notice her sullen atmosphere.

'It's okay. Things happen for a reason.'

Inanna thought as she tried to encourage herself for failing to tell her father about her suggestion of joining the knights to accompany her brother soon during the time of war on the battlefield.

However, they were pushed completely aside because of a mile interruption.

"I wonder who the guest is?"

Inanna questioned in a murmur, as she couldn't help herself from wondering why someone would want to speak to her father so urgently and who the unknown individual could be.

In a short while, Inanna walked out of the Duke's residence and saw Lucy. She noticed how Lucy remained unmoved from her spot since the moment she entered the office.

"Lucy..."

Inanna uttered as her eyebrows creased from the worry and guilt she felt.

"My Lady, I assume everything went smoothly with the Duke."

Lucy voiced with a soft smile that illuminated her dimples and rosy cheeks.

In that moment, Inanna took better notice of Lucy's features. Remembering how much she loved admiring her lovely dimples while the woman played with her as a child before returning to the past.

The comforting dark-brown hair and sky-blue eyes that were nostalgic to look at. The olive beige skin tone matching Lucy's hair and eyes. Making her appearance look younger than thirty-eight-years-old.

The same appearance Inanna recalled Lucy having before her return and demise.

"Yes, Lucy. Thank you."

Inanna smiled delicately.

"I'm glad, My Lady."

The brown-haired woman beamed at the news from the young girl, but suddenly was surprised as the child pulled onto her sleeve with gentle motions.