the next while

Louis' P.O.V.

The following weeks was a bit abnormal.

We had classes as normal and football training and lunch.

We played a few more matches earning a place in the semi finals which were set to take place soon.

Each match seemed to just effortless now that the two co-captains got along.

And it had become a tradition for me to sprint the whole length of the pitch to jump into Harry's arms after every goal I scored and for our fellow teammates to jump on top of us in celebration.

Another tradition was for Harry to carry me off the pitch, piggyback style.

After just a few games, football for both Harry and I had become 20 times more fun.

I bantered with everyone as usual but what took me by surprise was Harry.

I mean Harry and I didn't fight. I mean at all. Which would have seemed impossible a few weeks ago.

We had become so close, I felt I could tell him anything really.

Nothing was ever too awkward or weird and boundaries did not exist between Harry and I.

To the outside eye, I bet it looked extremely weird.

To have 2 people who only a few short weeks ago had hated each others guts, now we were inseparable and were the life and soul of everything collectively instead of always avoiding each other like the plague.

It made me sad that Harry and I had never been friends before because it seemed like such a waste now.

But I had him now and I was keeping him.

I was pondering this in football training when we were given a 10 minute break.

I had my head tilted to the side and was running my eyes over Harry just trying to think about what had changed.

I mean before when Harry had used pet names instead of my own name I would get annoyed and pissed at him and maybe throwing punches or at least getting overly sassy, now I found it funny and endearing.

I must have been staring for a while because Harry seemed to notice and started making funny faces at me from across the pitch where he was supposedly talking to Niall and Liam.

I burst out laughing before returning an equally funny face which made a high pitched noise come out of Harry's mouth and he clamped a hand over his mouth with a 'pop' to try conceal it but it seemed every person within a 100 metre range turned their head Harry's way.

Harry's eyes were wide with embarrassment.

I barked out a laugh making Harry blush and he looked at the ground before making his way over stopping in front of the bench I was sat on.

I looked up, eyes glistening with tears of laughter.

Harry grimaced playfully and whacked me upside the head.

"Hey! Assault! You all saw that-" My melodramatic loud rant interrupted by Harry pushing me off the bench and smirking down at me.

"No one saw anything Tommo, dunno what you're talking about?" Harry said feigning innocence.

I glared up at him until an idea struck inside my mind.

I tackled Harry pulling him until he flopped alongside me, then straddled his waist.

I heard a few gasps and a "Told you it was too good to be true" and the sound of feet treading towards me and Harry.

I ignored it and preceded to poke at Harry's sides.