No body, no crime

Makarov was supposedly dead. Supposedly being the most important word here. Graves and Shepherd were both adamant that he had been killed during a mission when Graves had dropped a missile on his supposed position. But there was no body, no visual confirmation of his death. The two men were very clearly delusional or desperately trying to ignore the truth. Maybe even both.

Graves and Shepherd were now both in court, giving evidence for the mission and for the other crimes they had been accused of. Price placed a laptop on the helo in front of us so we could watch it.

"General Shepherd, in October of 2022 did you authorize shadow company to fire on a fast force under your command in Las Almas México? And did you authorize the kidnapping of a British officer with the full intention of black mailing said task force?" The member of congress, Mr Hutson, asked. It felt good to have someone bring it up. To be a little closer to justice for what happened to me.

"No, I did not." Shepherd denied the claims and I tightened my fists, feeling anger and frustration rise within me

"Mr Graves, were you given orders to use lethal force against TF-141?" Mr Hutson asked

"Yes, I was." Graves stated, causing a lot of chatter to stir up In the room.

"Quiet. Quiet in this chamber…who have you those orders?" Mr Hutson asked

"General Herschel Shepherd." Graves stated

"Did you act on those orders, Mr Graves?" Mr Hutson asked

"No…absolutely not, sir." Graves stated

"Fuck me. They stabbed each other in the back…" Gaz said

"Still saving their own skins." Johnny said bitterly

"Every man for himself." Simon said

"That's the difference between us and them." Farah stated

"I guess Graves is just going to persuade the court that I made my way to Las Almas by myself…without my shoes." I said bitterly with my arms crossed over my chest

"We gonna let this stand, boss?" Simon asked

"Best way to end a war…is to win it." Price stated

"No prisoners." Farah said

"Good hunting, commander." Price said, firmly shaking her hand

"You too, Captain." Farah said

"Nik- take Farah back, will ya?" Price asked

"Straight away, Captain." Nik replied as he got up and went to start the helo

"Alright, let's prep for exfil…we're going home." price said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

London, Greensbury park, not a place I'd ever think Konni's and Makarov to be, but life with the 141 is anything but usual. It was no surprise to me that Makarov was still alive, the man seems to be a cockroach, and I wouldn't take the word of Shepherd and Graves anyway.

Simon and I were to watch CCTV of the park and the surrounding areas while the others were outside undercover. The two of us sat side by side at a desk that had several screens, each screen had a different live feed up on it. We decided it would be easier if he took half and I took the other half, making it easier for us to pay attention.

As I was looking between the two screens in front of me, I felt a pressure on my thigh. I tensed slightly and glanced down, seeing Simon's gloved hand on my thigh. I took in a deep breath and relaxed, trying not to let my thoughts stray from the mission and onto his large warm hand.