✧~Chapter Four~ ✧

Zephrys regained her footing as the ship rocked against the harsh contact. She glanced at her friend who was staring at the oncoming ship. It was about the size of the one they had boarded but slightly taller in height. It was equipped with huge cannon that was aimed right at the ship. Marshall glanced at zephrys noticing her once calm expression now panicked. She wasn't really one for combat, violence, or anything confrontational. While some people assumed so based on her expression usually she just was zoned out not worrying about the world while she could. But now she was focused on the ship that was heading toward the one they stood on. Panic spread through her body as she tensed and looked at Marshall "what the hell is going on?!" "Seems to be an attack," Marshall says with a devilish smile then gets punched in the arm by zephrys making him let out a laugh. The laugh was broken when the ship got his by another canon making the two jerk and zephrys falls to the ground. Marshall holds onto the side of the ship then offers his hand to help zephrys up. "No i'm good on the floor," zephrys says curling into a ball on the floor, "floor is nice.." Marshall raises an eyebrow amused, "yes yes I know but I don't want you sliding around the floor and getting dirty." "Mm fine," zephrys says and takes Marshall's hand standing up then slips and crashes into the side of the ship when the ship their aboard launches a cannon ball. Marshall helps zephrys up again holding her side to keep her standing then glances at the pirate ship. Zephrys rubs her back in pain, "that hurttt!" "That's why you should've been standing," Marshall says smiling calmly getting pinched. The ship jerks again as another cannonball is released. After a back and forth for a few minutes the pirate ship begins to sink causing the cannons to go quiet.

The crew runs to the side of the ship and watches as the enemy vessel slowly sinks into the sea and the pirates float around their once glorious ship. The crew begins the process of saving survivors and cuffing them, escorting them below deck to the on-ship prison. "Capital ships are so.." zephrys says cutting off her own sentence trying to find the words. "Efficient?" Marshall says glancing at zephrys letting go of her. Zephrys nods slightly, "mhm."

Not even five minutes passed when the crew fixed what they could on the ship and were back to sailing regularly. While the ship was docking from Wisteria it was actually from the capital. Wisteria was a large production country that provided harsh resources that simply don't exist anywhere else. If they did then they hadn't been discovered since most are formed in harsh winters on steep mountains. The capital often had ships going between Wisteria and Hitan so many travelers came aboard the ships. Luckily for the necromancer and her companion this wasn't the case as another ship had just left with the majority of travelers. So they were the only ones on this ship, other than the crew of course.

The two were planning to meet with zephrys sister, oxalis. But it was proving difficult to find a location they could both get to easily. Hitan was the closest to both as it was a large trading country practically in the middle of the world. It was also crowded so they would blend in as normal travelers seeing as two women with two men was a common sight for travelers. Most men travel with their wives and vise versa.

Zephrys sat on the ground leaning on the wall, "how much longer?" she says with a groan. "Not too much longer maybe another hour or so. But then we have to g-" Marshall says getting cut off by a frustrated zephrys. "I knowwww," zephrys says pouting slightly making Marshall laugh quietly, or at least for him it was quiet. "I thought you loved the ocean~" Marshall says with a smirk as her lightly nudged her with his knee. "I'm gonna bite your knee if you don't knock it off!" zephrys says making a biting motion. "Aye! That is not nice!" Marshall says smiling. Zephrys slow turns to Marshall, "you better pray to the death god that when we get off the ship i don't shove you in the water." a faint blush covers Marshall's face as her looks away embarrassed, "that was a low blow." "yea don't like it so much do ya!" zephrys says smiling evilly then notices a sailor watching her intensely. Zephrys tenses up and pulls her hood over her face as she turns her head away nervously. Eye contact was a huge no no for her. People might be worse than eye contact though.

Marshall glances at Zephrys then notices the sailor and his eyes narrow making the sailor go back to work. "We need to get off this ship.." zephrys mumbles quietly. Marshall nodded in agreement while glancing at the rest of the ship making sure it was only the one sailor. "I don't think he suspects anything. He probably just thought your pretty," Marshall says smiling faintly trying to lighten the mood. "He couldn't even see my whole face," zephrys says looking at Marshall. "But ya got a pretty voice~" Marshall says smiling evilly then sits next to zephrys as she kicks him flushing with a pinkish red blush. "Stop that," zephrys says looking away. Marshall shrugs with a smile then tilts his head back to the sky humming quietly, "do you think Ulysses and oxalis are alright." It wasn't a question, it was a statement more so. A way of expressing his concern for the two. "I.. I hope so.." zephrys says quietly, a slight shake in her voice as she pulls her knees to her chest and buries her face in them.