Chapter VII

10:15 am, Friday.

"Could you quit pacing around back and forth, oh my gosh." Ally laughs, watching her cousin once more.

"I can't Als, it's already 10:15! A few more hours til' 6pm! It's nearly Winter Ball and I only have like half of myself ready!" Camila exclaimed.

"Cousin, you're only making things worse by panicking. Besides, it's not like you need hours and hours of getting ready." Ally explained.

"Are you hearing yourself? I'm Camila, of course I need hours of getting ready!" Camila said.

"No, you don't. You just want to impress Lauren." Ally teases.

"Yes, I do. And this has nothing to do with impressing Lauren. That's not the point—well, it is the point but...Argh!" Camila exclaims, failing to use words by the latter part.

"I should've made an itinerary! I should've scheduled what I should be doing today." Camila groans.

"Well, you can start by answering your phone? Your baby's calling." Ally grins, handing Camila her phone.

Camila then looked at Ally then back at her phone before biting her lip. From the looks of it, the brunette seemed quite nervous to answer or perhaps she just spaced out.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hey. May I speak to Camila?"

"Hey, Laur. I'm sorry, Camila's quite occupied at the moment. Is something the matter?" Ally asks, while Camila remained frozen in place.

If there's any emotion coursing through her veins right now, it was nervousness and worry. As Ally took the phone call towards away from her and outside her bedroom, Camila remained in her place. A part of her felt quite stupid for requesting Lauren to surprise each other with their outfits for the ball. Now, she's clueless whether her outfit would fit Lauren's.

On the contrary, Camila felt kind of silly at the fact that she has never felt this kind of nervousness amongst all her past relationships. It was amusing to her how her real relationships were lagging behind a rented relationship. Lauren had set the standards, and Lauren made her feel things she never thought she'd feel towards someone of the same sex.

Coming to think of it, she now felt a bit scared. The constant fear and what ifs, occupying her head once more. What if Lauren was only treating her like this because this was what she wanted? What if after the contract ends, Lauren becomes just another stranger to her? What if Lauren is already talking to someone special and she's just with Camila because of her job?

Sometimes she hated her mind. Instead of just nervousness, she was now occupied with mixed emotions. And to think that she's currently studying Psychology did not make it any better.

"Alright. I'll pass it on to her." Camila heard Ally's giggles, making her snap back to reality.

"Sure. I'll take her to the venue, myself." Ally added before she removed the phone from her ear and smiled at Camila before she looked confused once more.

"What's with the face?" Ally asks.

"Existential crisis." Camila responds, making the older one shake her head with a smile.

"What did she say?" Camila spoke up once more, making Ally grin widely.

"She called to say that a delivery guy is outside with the food. "Ally smiled before she gently held the paper bag in her hand.

"But I didn't order anything?" Camila said confused.

"Lauren herself made breakfast for you and booked a delivery guy to deliver it here. She says she can't take it in person because she's afraid you might be getting ready and flip out if she accidentally spoils your plans of surprising each other at the venue." Ally smiles.