Chapter IV

"You okay, Camz?" Lauren asks, prying the brunette out of her thoughts.

"Yes, yes. I'm sorry." Camila shook her head, smiling apologetically.

"I told you she gets laggy, Lolo." Sofi giggles, making Camila frown as she looked at her little sister and Maria on the screen of her laptop.

"Don't worry, I'll get her back to the shop and get an upgrade. Maybe she's a bit rusty and needs a bath." Lauren responded, making the younger Cabello giggle and the older one glare at her.

"Need I remind you that you're on the call to teach her and not make fun of me, Jauregui?" Camila warned.

"Actually, we're done. You were so spaced out and looking at Lolo with heart eyes." Sofi teased.

"Blame Lolo then! She's got me spaced out and heart eyed." Camila retorted, making Sofi laugh.

"I miss you so much Kaki. I missed this Kaki." Sofi smiled, making Camila stop for a second and smile softly.

"And Kaki misses you too." Lauren chimes in, diverting Sofi's attention to her, and gently taking Camila's hand from below the table.

Camila felt a light squeeze and she instantly calmed down. It wasn't that she was mad at the statement, rather she felt guilty.

"Alright Sof, it's nearly time for your bed time. You should start getting ready with Maria, okay?" Lauren smiled.

"Okay. Thank you Lolo for the help! And thank you for bringing back my Kaki." Sofi smiled, unaware of the emotion she was making the eldest Cabello feel.

"Remember Kaki, we'll be visiting you this Friday!" Sofia reminded, making Camila smile and nod.

"I'll just get a glass of water for you." Lauren informed the brunette before she lets go of Camila's hand and made her way to the kitchen.

"Maria, please don't overdo yourself as well. Get some rest every now and then, okay?" Camila reminded the woman.

"You too Miss Camila." Maria smiled.

"Maria?"

"Si?"

"Do you...do you think Sofi..." Camila started, unable to find the words she wanted to ask.

"I have to agree with Miss Sofia. It's nice to see you like this again, Señora. Happiness looks incredibly good on you. I'm glad you met Miss Lauren." Maria smiled.

"Thank you, Maria."

Showing a toothless smile, Camila proceeded to end the call and think about the words that came out of Sofi's mouth, and even Maria's. Maybe she did overdo it this time indeed. The fact that even her younger sister felt the need to say she missed "this" version of her gave her a slap of the reality.

"Here you go." Lauren smiled as she placed the cup of water down the table.

"Lauren." Camila whispered softly, making Lauren turn to her with a smile.

That smile and those eyes. God. You're killing me, Jauregui. Camila thought to herself before she pulled Lauren into a hug.

"I got you, Camz. Always."

And Camila prayed Lauren meant it.

It was another Wednesday night. The fourth day of Lauren's 2nd week with her, and Camila's growth was clearly visible with the help of the raven. In fact, Camila was getting too comfortable with her that she thinks it's crazy how the days she spent with Lauren made her feel like she knew the raven since forever.

Her whole Thursday was composed of a full packed school schedule. If anything, she wasn't able to see Lauren at all—which bummed her. And Friday came even before she could register the whole second week she spent with Lauren.