Chapter V

"Now, now. Don't look at me like that, Lo." Camila frowned, while the raven continued to huff.

"Loooo." Camila pouted once more, this time adding a cute baby voice.

"I'll only forgive you if you start doing your Psychological Statistics paper." Lauren said, while Camila lets out a grin, followed by a nod.

"Okay. Do I get a kiss though?"

"Just one on the forehead." Lauren responded.

"I'm fine with that." Camila smiled, before Lauren chuckled and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Never in a million years did Camila think that she'd come to a point where she was confused with her sexuality. She was certain she liked guys, but Lauren? Lauren made her question herself. She finds other girls pretty and appreciates their beauty, but her feelings towards Lauren was different.

It was like everything the raven did make her heart skip beats. The things she feels with the raven was incomparable. Her exes couldn'at ever stand up to Lauren even if they tried. Lauren had set the standard for her—or perhaps it was because Lauren was following the requirements she wrote on the Rent-A-Lover website. And this thought made Camila feel sad.

"What'll happen after the contract ends?" Camila thought to herself as she looked at Lauren.

"Keep your eyes on your laptop." Lauren said, although she wasn't looking at Camila directly.

"You're not the boss of me." Camila stuck her tongue out.

"I'm well aware that it's the other way around, Ms. Cabello."

Lost in their own worlds, both women did not realize there were figures watching them from the fence.

"Who is she?" Sinuhe asks

"That's Lauren, Mami." Sofi smiles proudly, before turning to Alejandro.

"You okay, Dad?" Sofia asked, seeing her father watch the two from a distance.

"Yes, mija. I'm just checking on Kaki." Alejandro assured the youngest Cabello.

"I told you, Lauren makes Kaki happy. Lauren brought Kaki back." Sofia smiled.

"Hmm, given your variables...you should be using One Way-ANOVA here, Camz." Lauren said as she looked at the screen of Camila's laptop, gently hovering above the younger one.

Camila bit her lip, Lauren's scent occupying her nose and mind. Since then, Lauren's presence have brought her nothing but calmness. It felt natural. The same kind of natural where endearments and lover treatments made her feel giddy and extremely happy. She didn't know why, but Lauren had that effect on her.

She wanted to just stay with her, be close to her, talk to her, listen to her voice, laugh at her cheesy jokes. She wants to be held by her, kissed by her, be beside her. Being with Lauren made Camila feel safe, as if nothing in the world could hurt her.

"Camz." Lauren's chuckle took her back to reality, making the brunette blush in embarrassment.

"This isn't a T-square test?" Camila asked, to which Lauren only chuckled once more.

"You're cute. I'll get you something to eat." Lauren comments, before leaning down and kissing the top of Camila's head, following a gentle pat on the same spot.

"O-okay." Camila stuttered, mentally face palming herself.

"Should we enter the premises? We look like creeps here, Alejandro." Sinuhe said.

"Let's wait for her girlfriend to return beside her before entering." Alejandro said.

Once Lauren did return, she was holding a tray of snacks for the brunette. Camila even stood up to help the raven, the two of them arguing over who gets to bring the tray to the table.