Chapter 68 Confession and execution

Start from the beginning

Cui Muli said: "Dian Ziming didn't know the identity of Madam Zou. He just thought she was an ordinary woman passing by. But he didn't know that Madam Zou was your true love. Not only did you lose your child, but you also lost the opportunity to be a father forever."

Recalling the past, the veins on Zou Yuandao's forehead swelled, and he gritted his teeth and said: "Dian Ziming deserves to die, it is not a pity for him and those lackeys to die!"

Cui Muli's face was calm, "Yes, so you tried to kill them one after another, except for Dian Ziming."

Zou Yuandao sneered, "How can a second-rank imperial official die as quietly as an ant? Dian Ziming is surrounded by masters, so he has no fear of this."

Cui Muli said: "So you took advantage of Dian Ziming's opportunity to escort the disaster silver, and took the initiative to ask for orders to accompany him, waiting for the opportunity to retaliate."

Zou Yuandao asked back: "Master Cui, don't you think this method is very clever? With the target of five million taels of disaster silver, Dian Ziming is so insignificant. Even if something happens, it will not be associated with personal grudges."

Cui Muli refused to comment and said: "You heard that Yao Tiangang, the governor of Longxi County, loves power and is greedy for money, so you used five million taels of disaster silver as bait to make an agreement with him: you help him get the official silver, and he helps you settle the matter of Dian Ziming. Strictly speaking, this is a seamless plan, however, no matter how clever people's wisdom and calculations are, they can't defeat God's will - you didn't know that Yao Tiangang secretly colluded with the bandit, Zhang Jianhu."

"Although Yao Tiangang didn't disclose your existence, he leaked the plan to intercept the disaster silver. Zhang Jianhu smelled an opportunity to make a fortune, so he insisted on getting involved. Yao Tiangang reluctantly agreed. From then on, everything developed out of control. The bandits are brutal and ferocious. They have been at odds with officials and soldiers since ancient times. They had been planning to kill and silence people from the beginning - by the time you found out, it was too late."

Zou Yuandao was speechless for a moment, and then said sadly: "The plan that was supposed to be foolproof turned into a huge mistake because of this idiot, Yao Tiangang."

"There were a total of twelve letters between you and Yao Tiangang, but now only nine have appeared." Cui Muli said: "I guess that in the three missing letters, you told Yao Tiangang to kill only Dian Ziming and not to indiscriminately touch other people's life."

Zou Yuandao did not deny it, but he also did not admit it, "The matter has come to this, and talking about anything else is nonsense."

No matter what his original intention were, it eventually led to corpses strewn all over the Honghe River Valley. Those faces, familiar or unfamiliar, young or showing the vicissitudes of life, remained in the Honghe River Valley forever as the blood seeped into the land.

Since the tragedy happened, he woke up every night, filled with resentment. He hates Yao Tiangang for his extraneous things, he hates Zhang Jianhu for his viciousness, but what he hates most is that he is obsessed with it.

For the sake of a Dian Ziming, more than 700 lives were lost in vain. They also had parents, wives, and children. How innocent and unfortunate!

But now that the matter has come to this, he has no way to turn back and can only go one way to the end.

Cui Muli said: "After Yao Tiangang and Zhang Jianhu were exposed, you secretly sent someone to contact Yao Tiangang and asked him to keep the secret between him and you in exchange for the life of his soon-to-be-born child. Yao Tiangang knew that there was no hope of survival, so he accepted your proposal and turned against Zhang Jianhu."