Chapter 32

You slowly stir awake to quiet footsteps entering the room. It was nearly pitch black out. How long were you napping for?

A figure went around the couch and in front of you. You look up at them, noticing it was the reanimated corpse. "Uhh..."

It waves at you, making a groan and motioning you to follow it. You squit your eyes, slowly sitting and standing up. What does it want?

Once you stand, it starts walking towards the hallway. You cautiously follow it, realizing it was leading you to your room. It struggles to open the door, but does it eventually, walking in afterward. After a second, you peak in.

The first thing you see is 049 on the ground, in the middle of the room. It's looking like he's concentrating heavily, eyes closed and not moving at all. You slowly enter the room, looking at both 049 and the zombie before the latter suddenly zones out, not moving, but still standing. You look back at 049 when movement finds him again. Seeming that he was breathing heavily, you ask, "Are you alright?"

"Yes... though, finding out my... restrictions to controlling the cured is... very exhausting." He says breathless.

Hearing that, you walk up too him and sit next to him, to which he suddenly falls into your arms. "Woah. You sure you're okay?" You readjust yourself to allow him to lay down.

He doesn't muster up any words, but he gently nods. "Okay..." You whisper.

You look back at the standingby zombie. To what they were, they were alive and excited to get you up and moving here. Was that 049 controlling the mind of it? Can he really manage something like that? But it gets him so exhausted. It must've been his first time ever doing that. Hmm...

You snap out of your thoughts when he relaxes into your hold more than you would've expected him to.

You look down at him, seeing his eyes closed and feeling him breathing so gentle like if he breathed harder, the world would shatter.

He fell asleep.

Unknowingly, that makes you smile, seeing him so relaxed and calm.

Though, he should sleep on a proper bed, not on you.

You look towards his bed, as you prepare yourself. Slowly, you lift him up off you as you scoot to the side, now letting him down on the floor.

You get on your knees next to him, putting one arm under his neck, and one under his knees, slowly picking him up in your arms.

You once again look at his peaceful form, watching as his head lays against your arm, still breathing peacefully.

You sigh, moving him to his bed and gently laying him down. You stand there for a moment before grabbing the blanket and laying next to him, putting the blanket on you and him. You stare up at the ceiling, slowly letting faintness constrain you as you slowly but surely fall back asleep. 

------------------------------

The sun slowly shines in your eyes as you stir once more. You still feel groggy. How long did you sleep this time?

Once you get your bearings, you try to sit up, but realize you can't. There's arms around you.

It's 049. Still sound asleep.

You're both laying on your sides and one arm around your waist, and one arm between the crevasse of your neck and the bed, wrapping you, his hand resting on your shoulder, pulling you close.

Like. Really close.

You can feel his entire torso pressing against you. And he's behind you.

And now that you notice it, the tip of his mask is slightly resting on your ear.

You mean, you know you just confessed that you're both a couple now, but this seems to be going a little fast. Even for you.

You slightly giggle to yourself for thinking that, enjoying this.

You didn't know he would be the clingy type.

But then again, he was trapped in that facility for... who knows how long.

But you don't feel like getting up. So why bother?

You close your eyes again, mumbling about the sun in your eyes as you use some of the blanket to block the sun.

You manage to fall back asleep, but it only feels like seconds before you wake up again.

You mumble, closing your eyes again, but quickly open them due to his arms moving.

Oh, he's awake?

He gently let's go of you, sitting up himself before you turn yourself to face him. "Oh. Did I wake you?" He whispers.

You shake your head slightly. "Nah. I've been awake for a couple of minutes." You say, watching him stretch out.

He lets out a sigh, readjusting himself to be able to stand up, but you stop him.

"No."

He looks at you for a second. "What is it?" He tilts his head slightly

"Not yet."

You urge him to lay back down before you giggle at what you just did.

"I think we should just be lazy today. With everything that happened within the past couple of weeks, I don't feel like doing anything."

"I'm alright to keep going." He mentions, starting to sit up again.

You grab the shoulder opposite from him and make him lay back down again. "Just a couple of minutes. Please?"

He looks at you as you try your best to make a pleading face before giving in. "Alright." He laughs, you joining in.

You both stare at each other's eyes. Before you blurt out,

"I didn't know you were the clingy type."

End of Chapter 32