Chapter 8

The hallways seems to echo more and more of noises as you continue to walk down the empty halls, having your head down and overall, sad.

Well, at least you learned you can't trust him... Doesn't help the situation though.

You swallow the spit in your mouth to try and keep your throat wet. You were starting to get thirsty... but where would you get water in this damned place?

Your stomach seems to have the same problem as your throat, because your stomach rumbles. Loud.

You winced in reaction to it, before finally looking up.

The doctor halted in his steps and turned to face you. "My... I forgot that your kind needed substance to survive..."

Your kind?

"Uhh, yeah."

He hums, looking around the hallway before mentioning about a near by break room.

"Yeah, fine." You agree again, and wave your hand dismissively. You look back down.

Even though you were hungry, you didn't feel like eating. What is the feeling?

The doctor continues walking and you followed him, until you two found a room with a couple vending machines.

Good enough you suppose.

"Hmm... What exactly is that?" The doctor points at the vending machines.

You cocked a eye brow. "It's... a vending machine?" You question as you near it.

"How exactly are we supposed to obtain the nutrients inside?" He asks.

"...Good question." You look around the room before you notice the vending machine had glass. Breakable glass.

You looked agajn to see a nearby chair.

Perfect.

You walk up to it and pick it up. The doctor lifts his head. "What are you going to do with that?" He questions.

"I'm going to break the glass." You reply bluntly.

"Oh! Are you sure it's safe?" His tone fills with worry.

You couldn't help but turn around and give him a questioning look before looking back at the vending machine.

Before you got ready to throw it, you thought about throwing it at him. For almost cutting you open just for a weird disease, but your stomach rumbles again, and you decide against it.

With some might, you threw the chair directly at the glass, shattering it into several pieces.

A couple seconds went by before you slowly approach the machine.

Most of the glass ends up inside the machine, with only small pieces outside. You walk around them, and reached your hands inside the machine, grabbing whatever you felt in the mood for.

Once you got a handful, you turn around. "Are you alright?" He asks in a soft tone.

Your face slightly scrunches up.

Why do you care?

Those words almost spat out of your mouth. "Yeah." You say, not bothering to talk as you sit down at the table in the room.

You drop all the items onto the table, snatching what you want to eat first.

As you start to eat the first item, the doctor sat across from you at the table.

You pay no attention to it as you continue to eat the small dinner you made.

--------------------------

After consuming the food until you were full, you were about to stand up and break the drink vending machine, but the doc's voice stop you. "I... believe we started off on the wrong foot."

You look at him.

I don't think trying to slice someone open was a good way to start in the first place, but continue.

You almost say, but stopped yourself.

"May I explain what I was trying to do in that room?" He asks, looking up at you.

You hesitate before nodding.

He took a breath in. "Like I said previously, you seem to be one of a kind, a human with the disease.  It's a exceptionally rare occurance to make some great progress on my cure, to see why some humans aren't infected." He explains.

"That... doesnt explain what you were doing." A static tone. Not angry, but not happy either.

"Oh! I was simply trying to receive a blood sample from you. I didn't wish to harm you." He adds.

"A blood sample... with a knife?" You question, crossing your arms.

"Well I would use another tool for such things, but I'm afaid the only needle I have at the moment has already been used by another human! We wouldn't want you getting infected with a plethora amount of diseases, hm?" He hums.

Wow. Something he said actually made half sense.

"Yeah... I guess so." You mutter.

"So I would like to make a proposal. Since having you be... angry at me, would not help us escape, yes?"

"Yeah." You say, sitting back down.

"So how about we start anew?" He suggests.

You thought for a minute, before giving in. "Alright."

The doctor stares at you expectingly. You took a breath in.

"Hello! I'm Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you." You greet

You stuck your hand out to handshake him.

"Erm..." The doctor mutteres as he looks at your hand.

You slowly retract your hand and looked at it. "What?"

The doctor shook his head, before clearing his throat. "Greetings, Y/n. The scientists in this building refer to me as

SCP-049"

End of Chapter 8