Chapter 17: The Beginning of Catastrophe

This was it. This was the underground part of Galar that his sources said the legendary Pokémon known as Eternatus would be. At least that is what Chairman was hoping wasn't right. Oleana followed him closely, with a very attentive Nuzlocke and Nao following them. Rose could feel the glare from Nuzlocke and sighed.
"I suppose there isn't any point in trying to apologize for what I've done, is there?" the businessman queried.
"You know damn well what you took from me!" Nuzlocke punched his bloodied fists together. Rose and Oleana had the misfortune of watching him punch one of his Pokémon to death after being defeated by a Gigalith. Chairman Rose knew that Travis took the loss of his family hard, but how was he supposed to know of a tragedy he didn't learn about until it was too late? And what was the point trying to reason with someone with the strength to kill a Sawk with his bare hands?
"Please, be reasonable and rethink this madness!" Rose then turned to Nao, "I know there has to be some good in there that sees the absu-"
"No," Nao spoke in his usual monotone, "No good. Never good. I will destroy and take what I please. After all, it's only my nature."
Well, Rose is fucked. If he decided to betray them, he will die and Galar would be slowly destroyed, but yet he was helping them anyway to destroy Galar. Oleana tried to talk him out of it, but to no avail. Rose would not allow Galar to starve and waste away! He prayed, hoping to Arceus that Eternatus wasn't real, even though he knew the hideous truth. The truth became clear when he saw the Pokémon approach them. He drew his Copperahjah, ready to do battle.

He had the advantage, and with one strike with Steel Beam, and Eternatus was already weakened significantly, and as it pitifully tried to poison the Copperajah, all it took was a Heavy Slam to ensure it was weakened enough for Rose to capture it in an Ultra Ball.
"Well, that was frustratingly easy for him!" Nuzlocke growled, "I was told this Pokémon was powerful!"
"It looked weak from a lack of food or energy," Nao responded, "Can't say I'd blame it since it was sealed here to prevent the Darkest Day from continuing."
"It's captured," Rose sighed, knowing that he could not turn back now, "Now what?"
"To Hammerlocke's power plant," the man in the trenchcoat ordered, "And then, our plan to supply Galar with power can truly begin..."

"I've seen very few people since we started," Gloria spoke on the lack of trainers on the road, "Wonder where they are."
"Probably stayin' outta the way of the Gym Challenge, if I had to make a guess." Marnie answered.
"That's a shame," Lumi sighed, "I was REALLY looking forward to a battle or two."
"How about we set up camp to catch our breaths?" Victor suggested, "You know, so we can catch our breaths and do a little training."
"Sounds like a great idea, Victor!" Hop smiled, doing the same carefree pose he always did, "Would be a relief, too. My legs are killing me."
Lumi stopped in her tracks, feeling like something was...off. No, something was terribly wrong! Very wr-
"Lumi?" Gloria looked concerned for her friend, "You ok?"
"S-sorry!" Lumi chuckled nervously, "Just got a little distracted is all. I say we take a quick break!"

(I'm gonna be copying/pasting chapters from here to Wattpad. Also, please feel free to give any feedback, it helps with the writing process!)

Tales of Galar: A rewritten Sword/Shield Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें